The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Exige
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you may know of the Perseid meteor shower and i was wondering if anyone knew of some spots outside of dallas to view it. i was thinking of taking the exige with the top down and going somewhere.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would imagine that heading down 75 out past carrollton going towards Sherman would probably get you some nice spots. Practically nothing out there.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
some of you may know of the Perseid meteor shower and i was wondering if anyone knew of some spots outside of dallas to view it. i was thinking of taking the exige with the top down and going somewhere.
Tollway North... till it dead end's near Celina, there are some unlit soccer fields you could get a good view I bet!

S

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I saw about 20 go by last night here in Ohio. It ranged from very bright yellow, green and blues/white with long tails or just more small faint ones. Pretty cools stuff. We saw about 10 within 5 min. around midnight...

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
you would have to go pretty far outside the city to get a real clear view.. too much light pollution.. if you are venturesome, you could try sending an email to the astronomy dept at your local college..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts