The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My elise is clean and awesome despite its relatively high miles, but the starshield has done its job and needs to be replaced.
Anybody had this done in the are? Any recommendations?
thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had my Starshield replaced with Xpel ultimate by DFW Clear Bra (clearcoatfilm.com). He did a pretty good job (said it took almost 9 hours of work just to get the old Starshield and all the adhesive residue off because it was coming off in pieces the size of a quarter). If you want to see the car and check it out for yourself, I usually try to make it to both the Dallas and Cowtown Cars and Coffee meets.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It was about $1500--removal of old Starshield, full hood (no seam in the middle is nice), access panels, rocker panels, rear quarters, mirrors and headlights.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like a decent deal. I am a little worried about the "Elise" on their website. ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've used Stratashield Customs, his name is Houston and he works out of the back of the RUF porsche shop in addison. 214-354-3327
Does all cars but mostly Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches and exotics. Everything is hand cut, doesnt do that pre cut non sense that leaves gaps and fits crappy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TXdoogie, can you speak to whether the precut stuff fit your car well? Do you feel like there are gaps or seems that detract from its aesthetic or protective value?

·
Registered
25 Posts
TXdoogie, can you speak to whether the precut stuff fit your car well? Do you feel like there are gaps or seems that detract from its aesthetic or protective value?
The fit is pretty good--there are small gaps but most people have a hard time finding the edges after I tell them I replaced the Starshield. The only place I notice a gap is just in front of the side intakes on the top of the rocker panels (exactly the same as the old Starshield) and on the mirrors.

If you would like to check it out for yourself, let me know. I live north of Fort Worth in Keller. If you are on the Dallas side, I plan on going to Dallas Cars and Coffee this Saturday (as long as the weather isn't terrible).

I also know of a place that sells precut kits that have been tweaked to fit better (didn't know about this when I got mine). You could order his kit and then have someone local do the install. Check out Chuforiagraffix.com.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Forcefield Paint Shield in Denton is excellent. If you are doing a full replacement, he would likely be willing to come to you. He uses XPEL Ultimate, and is EXTREMELY meticulous.

I have a friend who owns a paint protection film business out of DC, and he has told me repeatedly that XPEL is hands down the best on the market currently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts