The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Don't need a transparent bra if you have a StarShield.

You might get one for your girlfriend, though, if she looks like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
LOL, Mods would prolly ban me if i posted a true clear bra :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
uclacyc said:
What's the purpose of a transparent or clear bra if you already have the Starshield? Or are people getting a transparent/clear bra because they don't have Starshield?
Starshield is a clear bra. I believe people get it done by outside installers because they are not happy with the quality and product provided by Starshield.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Ren said:
Starshield is a clear bra. I believe people get it done by outside installers because they are not happy with the quality and product provided by Starshield.
That's what I did. The Starshield patterns (and other stock patterns from other vendors) are cut smaller than the area to be covered to make it easier (quicker) for installers or DIYers to install. However, that leaves visible edges all the way around the film. Also the standard patterns all leave an edge right across the middle of the front clam. I just don't like the look of that.

For slightly more than the cost of the factory Starshield, I had Premier install a full custom wrap on the front clam. They cover the entire front clam except about 2" at the bottom of the windshield posts (the 48" film would only go that far). All of the edges are wrapped around the body part so they are out of sight or cut right at the end of the body panel when there is no edge to wrap around.

They also covered the headlights, turn signals and some other areas that Starshield does not cover. Premier's workmanship is fantastic. Starshield can be great or poor...luck of the draw.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ChrisB said:
That's what I did. The Starshield patterns (and other stock patterns from other vendors) are cut smaller than the area to be covered to make it easier (quicker) for installers or DIYers to install. However, that leaves visible edges all the way around the film. Also the standard patterns all leave an edge right across the middle of the front clam. I just don't like the look of that.

For slightly more than the cost of the factory Starshield, I had Premier install a full custom wrap on the front clam. They cover the entire front clam except about 2" at the bottom of the windshield posts (the 48" film would only go that far). All of the edges are wrapped around the body part so they are out of sight or cut right at the end of the body panel when there is no edge to wrap around.

They also covered the headlights, turn signals and some other areas that Starshield does not cover. Premier's workmanship is fantastic. Starshield can be great or poor...luck of the draw.
ChrisB, great to see another satisfied Premier customer as I am myself :) If the cars they do aren't impressive enough,.. http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/paint_protection_film_gallery.shtml
http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/paint_protection_film_supercar_gallery.shtml
The only thing better are their service and workmanship.

·
Registered
719 Posts
When did Premier every do their installation in Orange County? Aren't they based in Fremont, Bay area?

ChrisB, did you drive your car up to get the clear bra worked on?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Trendy Exige said:
When did Premier every do their installation in Orange County? Aren't they based in Fremont, Bay area?

I believe Premier travels to so cal every month or every other month...I'm not sure. But they have quite a following in So Cal as well as No Cal.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Trendy Exige said:

Sorry, just saw your post. They travelled to SoCal and actually did it in my garage. That was over two years ago. At that time, they came here about every 60 days for two or three days. I haven't seen them announce any trips recently and they changed their name from Premier Mobile to Premier Protective Films. So, I don't know if they no longer travel around the country or if they changed their name to avoid being confused as a cell phone company.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Track Wrap

I have a track day at the Glen coming up with PDA and they say "Track Wrap" will be available for $25. Does anyone have experience with this stuff? Can I leave my blue tape at home? :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts