The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got a chance to drive the Elise at night. I noticed the start button light was flickering. Is this a loose wiring issue or is something common?

I haven't tried the dimmer switch but since it only effects only the starter button is it still related. I will try it tomorrow regardless.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mine too. I've just gotten used to it, usually shuts off altogether after I start driving

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's the LED going out. Rob at Dietsch Werks, when this happened to me,said the LED will eventually gone out all together but wont effect the start button function. He was right my starter button has been out for over 2yrs with no problems. There is afix. You can buy LED bulb and spend an 1hr fixing it. Good Luck!!!!

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
You need to buy part# MG-B-WV from SuperbrightLEDs.com. Or you can pick a different color. It's a little tricky replacing the bulb, but not terribly so. If you have a small suction cup you might be able to pull out the top part of the button without unscrewing anything. Easy cheap fix

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/blue-led-engine-start-button-how-196041/#post2726146

EDIT: I just did this fix recently, my start button flickered for months and then died

·
Registered
356 Posts
alternative bulb choice

Instead of replacing the bulb with the originally equipped LED, I installed a small, low watt, incandescent, filament type bulb. Gives off a yellowish/off-whiteish glow.....fine for me and way cheaper than the special LED.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I finally got a chance to drive the Elise at night. I noticed the start button light was flickering. Is this a loose wiring issue or is something common?

I haven't tried the dimmer switch but since it only effects only the starter button is it still related. I will try it tomorrow regardless.
Let it die. You don't need it for anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts