The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All:
I noticed last night that my Start Engine Light flickers and fades in and out. Strangely, this only happens AFTER the car is started. When I turn the key and the headlights, the Start Engine light is on in a sustained full light. However, once the car is started, the flickering begins.
Is it just a loose fuse somewhere?
- dechien

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
dechien said:
Dear All:
I noticed last night that my Start Engine Light flickers and fades in and out. Strangely, this only happens AFTER the car is started. When I turn the key and the headlights, the Start Engine light is on in a sustained full light. However, once the car is started, the flickering begins.
Is it just a loose fuse somewhere?
- dechien
I would guess that bulb is part of the dash lights circuit, so if other dash lights aren't flickering, then rule out a fuse/block issue. It's probably the bulb/socket itself, vibrating with the motor running. There is another thread on here somewhere which shows how to remove that panel section...

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I would also check the battery connection.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
There is a connector in back of the start button that is glued to the actual button. The glue failed in mine and it caused my button to flicker too. I would open the panel and check the connections because eventually it could lead to a failure of the button from working all together. I pushed mine back together and then reinforced the connected by wrapping it with some electrical tape.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Mine's been flickering since last spring. I never did get around to fixing it. I should probably do that. :tadts:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Mine started flickering about a year ago and then quickly stayed off. But about a week ago it started flickering again. I'd prefer on OR off, either is fine with me. I think the trouble is inside the switch itself, loose bulb or something. Most likely you can just fiddle with it to see wassup.

·
Registered
268 Posts
TADTS!

-=cixel

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
When I installed my driving lights I had to take the original light/Start Button control panel off and use the new one they supplied with the kit.

After taking off the switches including the Engine Start Button I realized this is setup VERY easy to replace and I would say it's a do it yourself at home if the light flicker is bothering you or if this switch malfunctions.

Engine Start assembly:

Done!

If I had to replace the Engine Start switch now it can be done in less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Maybe you'll get lucky and it will finally stop flickering and just quit lighting up completely.

xtn

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
If mine started flickering I would just replace it at home. A screwdriver is all you really need. Hopefully the pics illustrate enough on how someone can replace it themselves. Has anyone checked out how much $ is one of these switches anyways? I would then keep the old one as a spare just in case.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
eh bummer. My light went out tonight. Guess i can order one of these along with my center cap.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Mine just started flickering. I'm going to tighten the battery connections (no one thought of that first?) and see if it keeps doing it. If it does... I guess I'll open it up and try to tighten the connections behind the light

Thanks for the picts goelise

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.