The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i destroy my start button. Can anyone tell me what comes off the back besides the plug? There is a small square box like device on the back of the switch that is larger than the diameter of the screw down locking ring. Does this juts pull off?

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I did this just a few weeks ago, but I can't remember the details. This is actually good news; it must be simple :)

Really, I think the wire clip comes undone with a small screwdriver.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
My starter button light is blinking and bugging me. I would prefer no light to replacing the button because of glare at night. Can the light be disabled easily without ruining the switch?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
If I remember from when I put my new one in,if you flip the box around the switch still works but it doesn't light up.YMMV it could have been a quirk of my new one.:shrug: By flip I mean turn clockwise 180deg.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Before i destroy my start button. Can anyone tell me what comes off the back besides the plug? There is a small square box like device on the back of the switch that is larger than the diameter of the screw down locking ring. Does this juts pull off?

Thanks

Bill
I haven't done this to mine but I think it just pulls apart. Here's a picture (courtesy of Lotus Garage):

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
There is a small clip on the right side that holds the assembly together.The switch itself is in a few pieces...the switch,a collar, a front trim piece, a screw-on collar to hold it in place, and a small square electrical connection box.
Disconnect the connector from the square box(push the small clip) then just pull the square box off(just held by friction) unscrew the threaded collar,and Bob's your uncle,you can now pull the switch out of the switch plate.
Hope that helps.
Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts