The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that the 9/16 Gumball Rally is done I figured I would setup a WEEKDAY rally. Recently I seem to have more free time during the week than I do on weekends; thus, figured maybe some other people are in the same situation.

I propose that on October 3 we meet at the Panera Bread at 1206 North Bridge Street, Yorkville, IL at 10:00 AM. Drive off at 10:15 AM.

It would be the same route as this thread:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f112/chicago-area-spirited-drive-sun-11-6-a-107746/index2.html

For anyone that has not gone on this drive this is the route I propose:
Good South Drive

Let me know if your coming:

Attending:
Malakaone
Evomind
ML1Media
Marius
Cash
Chuck Risen?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
George, you missed some KILLER roads yesterday.

And you also missed the 'Swinglo hit a deer' thing, so, I'm out (probably for the remainder of the 'season' which sucks).

But I did this route a couple of weeks ago with my wife. One recommendation is to add Finnie Road to it. It runs along the river on the west side (look at it on the map). Frankly, it's the best road of all of the roads on the whole route.

Have fun. If something magically changes, I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Now that the 9/16 Gumball Rally is done I figured I would setup a WEEKDAY rally. Recently I seem to have more free time during the week than I do on weekends; thus, figured maybe some other people are in the same situation.

I propose that on October 3 we meet at the Panera Bread at 1206 North Bridge Street, Yorkville, IL at 9:00 AM. Drive off at 9:15 AM.

It would be the same route as this thread:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f112/chicago-area-spirited-drive-sun-11-6-a-107746/index2.html

For anyone that has not gone on this drive this is the route I propose:
Good South Drive

Let me know if your coming:

Attending:
Malakaone
I may be able to make this, but not sure about the A.M.
I propose a later starting time to avoid rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
438 Posts
>>>I may be able to make this, but not sure about the A.M.
>>>I propose a later starting time to avoid rush hour traffic.

yeah/Same. I'd like to make this drive, but the crawl through suburbia would make it a tough start. A 9:30 or 10am kickoff would be an improvement.

john m,\

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ottawa to Starved Rock on 71 is great, I take it at least once a week. Yesterday's trip was slow due to a camper going home but most of the time it's entertaining. You should end it at the lodge in Starved Rock, the south entrance has a nice a curvy road.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay start time will be revised to 10 AM.

I figured many would not be able to make this but worth a try.

Me....I work, but I am a consultant. I get over 5 weeks of vacation a year, no way I could ever use that up without taking a day here or there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
>>can't go... job...
>>out of the question...
>>>If it was the weekend...
>>won't be able....

Arghhhhhh. I used to do questionable stuff like that (put job first/work long hard hours). Turns out, in the END, you never get ANY of that time back. Life's too short not to take adv a nice weekday. I'M IN. I'll even wash the car first.

john M.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll 2nd Hank's recommendation of 71 between Ottawa and Starved Rock. I grew up within walking distance of Starved Rock and I'd say that is the most fun road in the area.

Hope you guys have a fun drive!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
>>can't go... job...
>>out of the question...
>>>If it was the weekend...
>>won't be able....

Arghhhhhh. I used to do questionable stuff like that (put job first/work long hard hours). Turns out, in the END, you never get ANY of that time back. Life's too short not to take adv a nice weekday. I'M IN. I'll even wash the car first.

john M.
Well said and oh so true. The longer I am in corporate America the more I realize staff is the biggest expense to a company and the first thing to be reduced. Since 2008 I have had to create 3 lists of personnel that could be part of a staff reduction process. Two of those lists were used.

Further, there is always a deadline and there is always someone that needs something ASAP.

What I am getting at, play hookey for the day. Just think how empty the roads around the rock will be!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who else is coming. I know that you all get tired of the same thing day in and day out, here is an opportunity to change it up and make hump day for once something to be happy about.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts