The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Does anyone have any up to date, actual production car pictures that show the standard interior/seats? I keep seeing heaps of those heavy 'touring pack' cars but not much else... I'd be interested to see what I ordered!

TIA

Paul ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Paul MD said:
Hi Folks

Does anyone have any up to date, actual production car pictures that show the standard interior/seats? I keep seeing heaps of those heavy 'touring pack' cars but not much else... I'd be interested to see what I ordered!

TIA

Paul ;)
Heavy Touring Pack?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yay!.. Standard interior gets the same ribbed stitching on the seat inserts.

:clap:

Thanks for posting Goose!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You're welcome.

I had the same concern, as I am also getting the standard interior. Perhaps we should form our own "Chrome Orange Mafia" since it looks like we're a rare breed. :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Stewart,

I ordered Magnetic Blue. As far as I know, I'm in the low teens and would love to see something by Labor Day. I won't be surprised if my number doesn't show before November, though.

Time will tell...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think the base elise interior is the best of any car ever made. It is the ultimate in simplicity and minimalism, yet not without style.

I think leather, and extra carpet detracts from what the Elise is. And it's not that power windows are so bad, it is just that the manual cranks add so much style.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Agree with Tripleblack. The window winders scream Lotus. They just look right with the alloy floorpan and pedal cluster. I can't stand the electric window controls!!! They look aftermarket.

The leather is tempting just for the look. The rest of the touring option I could care less about. Well maybe the felt liner on the soft top would be nice if it actually cut down on wind noise. I have cloth interior on my 81 Scirocco and 79 Alfa Sprint Veloce and they are still nice after all these years. For these reasons I am in the standard interior camp.

Less money
Less weight
Lasts longer
Cooler to sit on when it's hot
Manual winders look right

Now if I could only order cloth seats in my Tartan. :D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh that is so sweet... take those carpet mats out and I'm well happy. Stereo blends in nicely too!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO! A fine choice.

:D

·
Registered
291 Posts
steuspeed said:

The leather is tempting just for the look. The rest of the touring option I could care less about.
I agree, a leather seats only option would be tempting because on looks alone I guess they look better. But this car is about function and I can't deal with the heat in the summer and cold in the winter or the sliding in autox. Cloth in a $40k+ car screams funtion and I love it for that reason.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[or the sliding in autox. Cloth in a $40k+ car screams funtion and I love it for that reason. [/B]
I agree totally... I had a leather shod S1 in the UK and slid all over the shop on the track - even a 4 point barely pinned my skinny ass to the seat well enough. Cloth is gonna be an absolute dream.

:clap:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Paul,
YOu must have a skinnier a** than even me. I find in high speed corner no tendency to slide in the leather seats, the side bolsters feel as if it's a custom fit.
Chris

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
29-30" waist I'm afraid, 140lbs when I'm dripping wet and kids kick sand in my face on the beach...

:D

·
Registered
912 Posts
5'8" with 28" waist and lets just say I am Lotus friendly when it comes to weight.

:eek:

I could easily see myself sliding around on the Leather seats.

:(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts