The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nice. I hated the other standard seats. I am going for biscuit, but if I wasn't doing that, those seats would make my decision a lot harder.

-Whit

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
For the touring package, I would rather have the cloth seat but add a reclining adjustment. I have never had a car seat that I couldn't adjust the angle of the back.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
ChrisH said:
For the touring package, I would rather have the cloth seat but add a reclining adjustment. I have never had a car seat that I couldn't adjust the angle of the back.
I read somewhere (maybe the ordering guide) that the seats have ajustable incline achieved by unbolting them and putting washers under either the front or back to act as shims. So it may not be easy, but you can do it. :)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
But that would tilt the bottom of the seat forward as well?

I've found in the past you get used to a seat after driving for a bit. I think only one of my sports cars had adjustable for rake seats in it.
Chris

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Sweet! I am so glad I didn't bother with the touring package. Now if they could only have made the standards seats grey so they don't get too hot in the sun :(
I may look for some aftermarket ones when there is a choice. Lightweight seats and NO damn floor carpet. I hope the carpet removal will leave the floor pan looking clean and bare. Easier to clean and less weight cannot be a bad thing ;)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
But that would tilt the bottom of the seat forward as well?
That's the way the Porsche 914 seats worked as well. Not that bad really, granted, I have gargantuan legs so I'm usually folded in such a way that my upper leg never touches the seat.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I WANT MY CAR - I don't give a crap what the seats are made of - they could be NY Taxi wooden beads for all I care - that's piddly details that I can take care of when I get my car.

I WANT MY FRICKEN CAR!!!!!!! WHERE THE HELL IS IT?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The final production cloth seats look great! I based my choice of the touring package because the seats at the LA Auto Show were total crap (as per that pic).

I would be willing to not get Touring now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Randy Chase said:
The final production cloth seats look great! I based my choice of the touring package because the seats at the LA Auto Show were total crap (as per that pic).
[cynic]
Ah - then the master plan to sell more touring packs worked perfectly. Next it will be revealed that the window rattle had nothing to do with the manual winders.
[/cynic]

·
Registered
712 Posts
I thought they already said the window rattle was not directly related to the manual cranks. It was supposedly some other pin, and when you would crank the windows all the way up, it would stop the rattle, thus people attributed it to the crank. Does anyone else remember this? Or did I make it up one time when I dazed at my computer :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
usofrob said:
I thought they already said the window rattle was not directly related to the manual cranks. It was supposedly some other pin, and when you would crank the windows all the way up, it would stop the rattle, thus people attributed it to the crank. Does anyone else remember this? Or did I make it up one time when I dazed at my computer :)
That was indeed the explanation. But I never believed it. :)

Hoopyfrood, I thought the same thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts