The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed stealth bulbs tonight and, frankly, I'm not too happy with them. They are about half the brightness of the stock bulbs. Aesthetically they look great, but I don't think reducing visibility of this car is such a great idea.

I installed #7507 from stealthauto.com. These are supposed to replace PY21W which is the front turn bulbs spec'd in the manual and confirmed on the bulb itself.

Is this just a function of the 'stealth' coating or am I supposed to amp the wattage from stock to compensate? FWIW - I had a total of 4 bulbs and they were all identical so it's not likely a bad batch.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump.
should know better than to post in the middle of the night :no:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
:confused: What exactly did you expect? You installed bulbs with a dark coating on them - something that blocks the light. Then you are surprised that they aren't bright?

Sorry, but it the same as the guys that replace their tail lights with "blacked out" lenses and then wonder why the lights can't be seen. :shrug:

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
:confused: What exactly did you expect? You installed bulbs with a dark coating on them - something that blocks the light. Then you are surprised that they aren't bright?

Sorry, but it the same as the guys that replace their tail lights with "blacked out" lenses and then wonder why the lights can't be seen. :shrug:
Well, I guess that answered that, huh?

Did somebody p*ss in someone's Wheaties this morning -poke-

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
"Stealth Bulbs are the perfect accent for any vehicle, foreign or domestic…
they are a subtle modification that perfectly accents and finishes any vehicle."
Craig Lieberman - Fast and the Furious car designer.

Trying...not...to...laugh out loud...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts