The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you replace stock brake lines, with steel braided lines, without removing the clam??????????

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Yes, my mechanic put the car on the lift and replaced the stock brake lines with Goodridge braided SS brake line kit without removing the clams.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saaaaweet!......... I read someplace you could not but after all the brain cells I killed over Christmas I could not remember?

·
Registered
978 Posts
On an Elise you can. On the Exige it is a clam off job at least that was the forum consensus when I asked.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hmmm this is good news! I've been tossing around the idea of braided lines.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
It'd be worth it if you even have to remove the clam; I bought mine with the stainless lines and updated pads and discs, and it has the best brake feel of anything I've ever driven. Almost zero flex

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, guess I should have said 07 Exige, this isn't looking good so far!

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes, you can, at least I did on my '05 Elise. There are a couple of threads on LT if you look which (with photos) will show you how to do it. Sorry I don't have enough time to search it up now but they are there. after removing the access panels, it involves enlarging a couple of access holes on the crash structure on the front so you can get a wrench in back there. Wasn't very difficult. Highly recommended if you track the car; I had a stock rubber hose on the front fail at one point.....

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Final outcome on this....... You absolutely can not on an Exige with the clam on!

·
Registered
978 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts