The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the exact screws used in the steering column cowls (both upper and lower)? In addition, if anyone knows the sizes and details of the 3 screws used to mount the interior side sills (2 up front by storage cubby and the 1 smaller one at the rear towards the back of the door), that would be great. I need to get those screws and hoping I can just get them at OSH or Home Depot rather than ordering them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you give a man a fish...

Can anyone tell me the exact screws used in the steering column cowls (both upper and lower)? In addition, if anyone knows the sizes and details of the 3 screws used to mount the interior side sills (2 up front by storage cubby and the 1 smaller one at the rear towards the back of the door), that would be great. I need to get those screws and hoping I can just get them at OSH or Home Depot rather than ordering them.
...Go to Lotus Garage's website. They have all the part numbers, and thread sizes for everything that goes into the car. It's relatively easy to find what you're looking for as they have graphics of the parts in an exploded view. It's a great resource.

Once you have the thread sizes and lengths, they'll be metric so you may have to hunt around to find them locally. A well stocked hardware store will have metrics. Or order them from LG. I've found them to be honest about delivery times and availability.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Those screws are Pozi screws, raised countersunk and flange head #4 and #6 they look like phillips but are not, mostly a euro format, local and chain hardware stores usually dont stock Pozi...... You should be using a Pozi driver when working on the Lotus......may have noticed a phillips does not fit well and buggers up the screw head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts