The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I know the diff between x and Kx, but I didn't see 2 Ohm there so I thought maybe you guys meant Kohms. No biggie. I'll just take them back and check again for the 2 ohm resisters. Thanks for the clearification. :)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
So can someone point me to the directions on how to remove the wheel? The sandsmuseum link isn't any good. Why? Because it's trying to show you how to remove the wheel when the wheel has already been removed. :thwack: Or maybe I'm missing something. :shrug:

I've got my battery unhooked and the plastic upper and lower shrouds off. Now what?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Conan said:
So can someone point me to the directions on how to remove the wheel? The sandsmuseum link isn't any good. Why? Because it's trying to show you how to remove the wheel when the wheel has already been removed. :thwack: Or maybe I'm missing something. :shrug:

I've got my battery unhooked and the plastic upper and lower shrouds off. Now what?
If you are removing only the steering wheel, the shrouds don't need to come off. Just remove the two screws holding the airbag, take out the airbag, and then the three (I think) screws holding the steering wheel to the column. That is it.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
spider said:
If you are removing only the steering wheel, the shrouds don't need to come off. Just remove the two screws holding the airbag, take out the airbag, and then the three (I think) screws holding the steering wheel to the column. That is it.
Thanks. I figured it out. Got it done. No air bag light. Used a 2.2 Ohm resister as posted by MyElise. Thanks to those that posted any info! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
MyElise said:
I've yet to figure out how to fit the horn button through the wheel and into the quick release assembly. Have you? Something to do this weekend.

The horn button fits through the weel and snugly into the top of the release assembly. Its a tight fit but not too tight.

If that doesn't make sense as written, I can take some photos once I get home to help illustrate when I meant to say.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Robissimo said:
The horn button fits through the weel and snugly into the top of the release assembly. Its a tight fit but not too tight.

If that doesn't make sense as written, I can take some photos once I get home to help illustrate when I meant to say.
That would be very helpful. :up:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Robissimo said:
Well I was wrong. With the wiring attached the horn cannot be fully accomadated within the adapter. I first tried to bend the clips. That did not provide enough room. I then had a brain fart and shortened the clips, that of course did not help. I then finally took a dremel tool and sanded down the prongs on the horn which finally did the trick.

I am pretty sure that this is not the way to do it but I got sick of waiting and gave it a shot.

The horn and adapter as delivered.

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
Can some one post picture of the all the parts that come with the Elise-Shop kit so I can confirm that I have everything I'll need before giving the install a shot?

Posting the install instructions would also be welcome

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Robissimo said:
Can some one post picture of the all the parts that come with the Elise-Shop kit so I can confirm that I have everything I'll need before giving the install a shot?

Posting the install instructions would also be welcome

Thanks,
Rob
Post #136 shows them all. The directions I received were a small exploded pic.,
almost useless. You will receive a hub adapter, the male and female parts of the quick release and associated hardware. Also, the wheel, if it comes with the kit, and the horn hardware. If you can get the wheel off and can do basic electrical work it is pretty easy.

Got the horn button to fit with a little dremmeling.

·
Registered
631 Posts
MyElise said:
Post #136 shows them all. The directions I received were a small exploded pic.,
almost useless. You will receive a hub adapter, the male and female parts of the quick release and associated hardware. Also, the wheel, if it comes with the kit, and the horn hardware. If you can get the wheel off and can do basic electrical work it is pretty easy.

Got the horn button to fit with a little dremmeling.

Thanks, that all I needed to hear. I'll try this weekend.

141 - 154 of 154 Posts