The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the steering wheel diameter of the Federal Elise vs the standard European one? I suspect ours may be a tad larger.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I hope the Fed Elise steering wheel is the same as that at the LA Autoshow. That steering wheel diameter was smaller than my aftermarket Momo NSX-R steering wheel for my S2000 and felt/looked great in the Elise.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see any reasons why it wouldn't be the same as that found on the LA car and agree that it felt pretty good. Just curious because after sitting in a Euro car today, it seemed smaller and perhaps a little more tidy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
12"

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that it was 12" in diameter. Seems awfully small, but after being in both the Euro and Federal cars, I can't say that isn't the correct number.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Wheel is the type on the LA show cars, 12" is probably about right but to be honest I never measured. This isn't a school bus so you don't need a huge honking wheel. Couldn't go much larger because of space limitations anyway
Chris

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think the euro non-airbag wheel is 300mm, while the airbag wheel in the fed-Elise (and the Speedster/VX220 in europe) is 320mm.

(do the metric/imperial conversion yourself :D )

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I is a special made MOMO steering wheel, measured just over 12 and a quarter inches by my wife. It looks really cool, no puffy airbag look, nice emblem, very rigid cool grips at various driving positions.

To tell you the truth, it really looks small! I can't wait to see how it drives with this gokart steering wheel!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Okay, so 300 mm is 11.81 inches, and 320 mm is 12.59 inches, so we're talking about a difference in rim diameter of 0.79 inches or a tad over 3/4". Personally I can live with that and really like the new wheel (as Randy might very well say, MOMO ROCKS !) :p

Thanks Arno ! I love the metric system but unfortunately I still don't use it frequently enough, so I have to "translate" it. ;)

Cheers, Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts