The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to have a local stereo shop install a new system... but no one in the area has ever done a Lotus. I have a 2005 elise and need your opinion...
where is the best entry point from the battery in the trunk to get a power cable into the cabin to power the AMP..... the amp will be located behind the drivers seat....

want to be sure we do not interrupt andything structural etc...

steve

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Looking to have a local stereo shop install a new system... but no one in the area has ever done a Lotus. I have a 2005 elise and need your opinion...
where is the best entry point from the battery in the trunk to get a power cable into the cabin to power the AMP..... the amp will be located behind the drivers seat....

want to be sure we do not interrupt andything structural etc...

steve
Through the grommet on the left side of the engine bay. There's pictures around here somewhere, but I can't find them offhand.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
There are photos around somewhere, but as a starter, you remove the rear left wheel liner. There is a grommet next to the battery that goes through to the rear of the wheel arch. On the front of the arch is another grommet that goes through behind the rear plastic bulkhead panel, which you have to remove. From there you can route though the center console to the dash area. Here we go, found the photo's, I think they came from Randy.
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hmm, I did mine without removing the wheel well liner but I think I fed a clothe's hanger through from the cabin and pulled the wire through the grommet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
perfect - THANKS!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts