The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone do me a big favour?
I need to know the maximum dimensions of the stereo face plate - my existing head unit has a large over sized face (few cm vertical/horizontal) which fitted fine in the old style dash but not sure about the new one:

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Could someone do me a big favour?
I need to know the maximum dimensions of the stereo face plate - my existing head unit has a large over sized face (few cm vertical/horizontal) which fitted fine in the old style dash but not sure about the new one:

Cheers!
As Icedog_16 mentioned din is din and what you have in the picture is what is called single din. There are 1.5 din and double dins out there and they are all pretty common. If the HU you are talking about is what is in the picture than it is a single din. It needs 2 small pieces of bent wire to remove that should have come with the HU/car. Most after market HUs like Alpine for instance will come with a trim ring that snaps in place after you install it. That makes up for the difference in the face size between what you have in the picture.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...there is a narrow assocated bezel around the perimeter of my stock alcapulco...if i had some type of ruler, i'd measure the total overhang for you, but perhaps someone else will chime in...

edit:...trim ring, right, that...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, I mean the available space around the DIN slot.
My head unit has a rather large face that overhangs the actual DIN slot by a few cm, if there is not enough space around the DIN slot the face will not clip on!

Random google pic:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Still, a standard DIN chassis faceplate with trim ring is all that will fit there. A few cm is a lot. I'd take measurements, but I no longer have one. The ones I gave you should be reliable - a mm or two, you'll probably be OK; but a few cm, different story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts