The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found that I MUST turn the battery kill switch if I won't be driving for a couple days, less I keep it on a tender 24/7. This is fine, but having to manually seek for my preferred stations every time I'm in the car is a PITA.

Has anyone found a headunit that saves presets to an internal memory (i.e. an SD card) that doesn't clear when it loses power?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Don't know any headunits that would do that, but have you considered trying to diagnose that power drain issue instead?

Other option would be to put a backup battery on the headunit, similar to how you power a dash cam with parking sensors, but that seems like more work than troubleshooting the phantom load.

·
Registered
2007 Lotus Exige S
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know any headunits that would do that, but have you considered trying to diagnose that power drain issue instead?

Other option would be to put a backup battery on the headunit, similar to how you power a dash cam with parking sensors, but that seems like more work than troubleshooting the phantom load.
I assumed it was the nature of the beast, but perhaps that isn't the case.

My most recent pioneer saves most things with power disconnected

about damn time
What headunit did you get @exigegus?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I assumed it was the nature of the beast, but perhaps that isn't the case.
Depends on what a couple days is to you. If it's not at least a few weeks, then definitely not. At 3+ weeks I'd be concerned without a tender. Could just mean your battery is on the way out, could mean there's something electrical afoot.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Just to follow up, this is the head unit

And I had the battery disconnected for months over the winter, and it does indeed remember presets, EQ, bluetooth pairings

but not active state, it will turn on tuned to 87.9, and bluetooth will not auto connect the first time

why did this take 30 years?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts