The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Elise and was wondering what was some of the systems people are using.I have the polk speakers front and back with a Blaupunt head unit and I have zero bass and with a kenwood sub behind the seat the bass is to much.I took the car to a stereo shop and they pretty much said it is the was the speakers a facing is why the unit sounds the way it does.I'm looking for the best possible sound I could get out of this car and I know some stereo nut has put a sick system in his car.So lets have some suggestions and pic if possible.
Thanks Oldog (not that old)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
this is all I need !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
LOL! @ the 2 previous posts.

The stock OEM one is plenty of radio for me.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
What model Kenwood do you have? Mine has adjustable level (and the level is adjustable from the head unit as well)...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pioneer AVIC N4 with Amp and Sub

Pioneer AVIC N4 with Sirius and bluetooth, Alpine PDX 5 amp behind the driver's seat, Polk Momo 5.25"component front, 6.5" (without the tweeters) in the rear, JL Audio Stealthbox. N4 bypassed to allow navigation entry and video while driving.

Everything is built in so that I don't have a bunch of crap stuck to the windshield. The flip up screen fits nicely and is easy to reach. The Driver Dynamics display is too much fun - especially the accurate speedo with front and side acceleration guages. Put the hideaway unit and extra boxes (sirius interface, sirius tuner and bluetooth.

Amp draws relatively low power from the battery and is small while putting out plenty of juice (100 mph with the top down... no problem).

Bass is no longer an issue. I use the car as a daily driver so the tradeoff with a little extra weight was well worth it.

Only problem so far has been the bluetooth which draws power even when the car is off so that the bluetooth combined with the alarm draw tend to drain the battery a bit faster and I have had a few false alerts with the alarm.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the original stereo (Los Angeles MP72). Its quite terrible, but I never saw a real need to upgrade. Well until just recently... seems like my stock front speaker surrounds have resoundingly melted and deformed and the speaker grills came flying into my face mid corner. I couldn't get em back in so I just bought some replacement speakers. They are Kenwood KFC IE series speaks, just normal cheap ones me thinks. I'll install this weekend and report hehe.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The only songs I can hear clearly on my radio are the same 2 songs over and over again "The best of 2ZZ " & "On the Cam again"

·
Registered
64 Posts
Take a look at the Pioneer DEH-P700BT. I just installed it and it's awesome. Hands free telephone via built-in bluetooth, Ipod control, MP3/AAC player and optional HD radio adapter ($70) all for less than $300. I also added a powered Kenwood sub behind the seats for extra bass with the option of removal for track events.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My radio is stock

Blaupunkt Acapulco MP54 Radio/CD/MP3, works great when I use it, not that I use it much...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts