The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It turns out that my number 1 spot was changed by the dealership. I was moved to #4 . The reason given was that customers that bought from them previously (Ferrari & Esprit's) had been given preferential placements in line. I was a little disappointed but I can't say that I was annoyed. The salesman did keep me within the first shipment. They also told me that they will not get 10 cars in the first shipment too. He did say that my car will arrive in May (woohoo!). The orders here (not counting mine) are for yellow, red, another CO and a blue (I forget which). Souns like yellow will end up being the most chosen color.

The moving of positions will be a bummer for those further down the line. It is likely that a lot of other dealerships will NOT see 10 cars in their first shipments either.

3 more months to go.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ugh!

A week or two ago I went from 38 to 37 (somebody dropped off) and now from the looks of this, I'm back up to 40. This isn't progress in the right direction! :rolleyes:

The big question is how many MORE "special" customers will get wedged into the pecking order when the cars physically show up at the dealership and demand for the Elise increases further...

Thanks for sharing, though- I appreciate the insight.

-Knute
#38, er #37- wait, I mean #40 at SHI

1 - 2 of 2 Posts