The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with my dealer Tim. He says the first 10 cars were ordered last Monday, 1 demo and 9 customer. He says he was told to expect to order 10 every month, and that only one guy in the top nine backed out. This guy had been to LA and didn't fit the car. I know Adamant and I are on that list, anybody else ?

Steve

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Sown,
I don't see how Lotus can produce ten cars a month per dealer. Math just doesn't work. Unless they get a couple months production ahead don't see how they can do it. That's 400 cars a month for the US market alone.
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't kill the dream, lol!

I'm thinking/hoping that perhaps some of the bigger dealers may get larger allotments?

This dealer was one of the largest US Lotus volume dealers in the past, or so that is what I was told.....

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Chris,

Lotus Admin stated on LCF that dealers would receive cars in alotments either corresponding to past sales performance or sales projections or both.

That would indicate that not all dealers are getting the same alotments.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I think the 10 car order is just for the first month. After that I think it will back down or the cars will be shipped bi-monthly.
Think of it this way... More time to save.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI James,
I loved that car, wouldve kept it if I hadn't gotten into ducatis. The elise hasn't gotten me back into cars after several years.

It was a caterham HPC with carbed vauxhall 2 liter. Car came green, had the wheels painted lotus yellow, steering wheel covered in red suede basically patterned after Jimmy Clarks F1 cars from the 60s. I got yellow foam to wrap the roll cage.

That's me at my first drive on a track at Road Atlanta, can't remember which turn, it's towards the back of the track though.

Without a doubt the most fun car I ever had.

Chris
PS See you at LCU Sat. wonder what Dave's gonna volunteer me to do for LOG 24!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
FWIW, according to someone on SELOC the factory is "loaded up with federal elises"....so maybe they have more of a headstart than we think?
If true, what does that mean for delivery? Is Lotus going to surprise everyone by delivering the cars *early*?!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
They can take all the orders they want to get a handle on what people want. Doesn't mean that they have to build the cars that fast. Would be nice if they did though.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far I don't see any problems at Harris. Tim went over the options and prices. I kind of played dumb as to what my list position was. I asked what position I was on the list and was told 28. Exactly the number I was told when I sent my deposit in last October. I agree that 10 per month sounds rather optimistic, but SOMEONE told Tim this. I'd like to hear from Adamant. I've not seen hm around lately. He was #1 on Steve Harris, did he order, and what ?

Tim said their supposed to go to Birmingham in April to get Elise orientation and track driving time as well. Sadly Tim doesn't think this or the Elise will work out for him. He's 6'4" and pushing 300 lbs. We talked awhile about fitting into the car as I sat in several at the LA show and he has not yet. I told him the 6'4" might be a problem depends on torso vs. leg distribution, I'm 6'2" and had room to spare. My own weight is 250 and coming down. I don't think anyone above 250 could fit that car.

Eating lots of salads these days

Steve

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'm here, I'm here!

I'm just working for a military contractor now so they want me to work all hours :(
I've still been posting though. Mine is ordered see my sig!
I think it was pcpacker who went to the show and decided he was too tall at 6'5" if I remember. My pawltry 5'9" and 180lbs (OK I'm working on losing some weight :) ) will fit just fine.
Tim is doing most of the work at the dealers, he's a great guy.
These last few months are going to be the worst part of the wait

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
adamant said:
Mine is ordered see my sig!

Glad to see that. I don't know about the wait being harder. At least you now have one with your name on it. Most of us just have a list still.

Steve

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello Adamant and others

I did sit in the 111s at the Tampa show, and although I could have driven it, it is not very practical for someone my size (6'5"). I have not given up the dream, but I am not on a waiting list at this time. I am hoping to get some actual drive time in the fed version when the demo comes. Clyde mentioned that they did create more legroom on the right by moving the shifter slightly. I also heard that the pedals are spaced wider (could be a rumour).

I spoke with Tim at Steve Harris 2 or 3 times last spring (before the official engine announcements, etc.) At that point there were only 4 people on the list. He was supposed to call me when they were "taking deposits." I never heard from him, but I didn't push it because of the height thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts