The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through the help of George Karellas of SOUP Classic Motoring, I've secured a Stevens Esprit battery cover 'in good nic' as George would say.

Wondering if there's a demand amongst owners here that would warrant us finding a shop that could pop a mold of the box and lay-up new pieces? I've searched far and wide to no avail and this is the only one I've come across...and it was, literally, across the pond. I'd be happy to surrender the box for duplication for Esprit brethren.

Bob

Attachments

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,952 Posts
Bob,

If you are doing that, there are folks looking for the G-Esprit cover, as well.

Supposedly the covers are available from SJ Sportscars in the UK. :bow:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Through the help of George Karellas of SOUP Classic Motoring, I've secured a Stevens Esprit battery cover 'in good nic' as George would say.

Wondering if there's a demand amongst owners here that would warrant us finding a shop that could pop a mold of the box and lay-up new pieces? I've searched far and wide to no avail and this is the only one I've come across...and it was, literally, across the pond. I'd be happy to surrender the box for duplication for Esprit brethren.

Bob
I need one for my V8.

·
Super Moderator
3,968 Posts
Indeed they do and I overpaid....

Bob
Ah, but isn't your cover a genuine cover? That always costs more.
Have you seen the cost of the tool kit that goes on top of that cover?
One sold on eBay for $500, so getting all the loose ends for completeness can be costly.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,952 Posts
The link from SJ Sportcars (Post 5) has a good-looking reproduction of the cover. Their fiberglass part should be stronger than the original ABS plastic.

Ask Steve at SJ about the webbing for the straps, and replacement hooks, too.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SJS has the fiberglass repro covers and the strap/hook combo. However, the retaining clip to which the strap connects is not available and you'll need to fabricate one...easily done.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts