The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrote my first post in 2008, and was reading posts for a year before that. In that post I said I was almost ready to buy an 05 Elise. Well, had some family stuff take precedence. But I've been reading and watching the 05 cars since 08.

I may be ready to purchase in the winter or early spring and wanted everyone to know I'm not a newbie to the site and I've been reading in the background for some time.

Thanks for all the great information. I'm sure it will help be buy the right 05.

Best,
Mike Shipulski

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Hey Mike, I know what it's like to have family stuff overrun your plans. OTOH, I've never regretted my Lotus purchase. If you buy right, maintain the car, and keep good insurance, I don't see the investment on a used Lotus (2005 thru 2008 or so) losing much if any value.

Jump in! The water's fine!

·
give me my second cam!
450 Posts
I did not have to ride in one to know I wanted one.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All - Thanks for the support.

@sturgeongeneral - yes I have great self control. Mae West said "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." but I don't think that applies to self control. Maybe I need less.

Just had my well run dry (literally - no water in my well). Hydrofrac and new well pump -- $3850.00. 2.5 gallons per minute and functioning toilets.

Just a bump in the road. I will have an Elise.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Well good luck in the search. The good thing is that over the winter prices will drop (should make up for that well cost). There will also be a larger inventory for sale also as they do not sell as quickly as in the summer months.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
What Sturgeon said. Winter prices are usually above 10% less. What are you looking for in an Elise?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking for 05/06 with 30,000 miles, or so. Chrome orange, storm Ti, laser blue - $30k range, but likely won't have to pay that much. I shouldn't have a problem finding one if I'm flexible on color.

I live on a dirt road (well maintained by the town), so I'm torn between getting 100% perfect vs. one with signs of normal driving (pre-chipped?). I hope to take it on the track, but it will be my daily driver (4 mile commute) late spring (post mud season) to first snow.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
With a dirt road, your enjoyment of a flawless paintjob will be brief. You may find that paying a premium for a "chipless" car may not be a great investment. Starshield on a flawless paint job will likely help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts