The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At wits end. 2005 Federal Elise throttle cable snapped at pedal. Not enough slack to fix as is. I've been looking for anyone that has a salvage for this part in the states. Checked all the dealerships and they say its a back order part that I have to wait on for a month or two from the Queen Mum. Is there anyone that has this part: A120J0007F OR can I use another throttle cable from a different car?
I would really appreciate any help at this point.

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
My Elan needed a push/pull cable which was NLA.

I bought piano wire from a piano repair shop and brazed the cable together.

BUT, I'd don't know what this throttle cable looks like, so not sure if this would work for you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
At wits end. 2005 Federal Elise throttle cable snapped at pedal. Not enough slack to fix as is. I've been looking for anyone that has a salvage for this part in the states. Checked all the dealerships and they say its a back order part that I have to wait on for a month or two from the Queen Mum. Is there anyone that has this part: A120J0007F OR can I use another throttle cable from a different car?
I would really appreciate any help at this point.
I had my parts department check on this part and Lotus is telling us that they have them in stock at the warehouse here in the US. If you want more information give my Parts Manager Robert a call at 941.308.5141. We're Southpointe Lotus in Sarasota, FL. I hope we can help you out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Flow Lotus guys out of Salem Winston NC ordered the part and I'm getting it delivered tomorrow. It's been a 2 week process of searching and finally getting it all sorted out but those boys at Flow are awesome!
Thanks for all the good feedback. Much appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
12,150 Posts
buy two??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts