The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back on track @ Spring Mountain finally after a 2 month hiatus and it looks like some time off has been a motivator.

Turned a personal best on the fun East 1.6 config -- running Hankook slicks (medium compound) on 15" and 17" wheels.

The Hankooks seem to wear well, very happy with their performance even with 15 heat-cycles.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Now that looks like a lot of fun , wide open track , silky driving , sunny day and no COVID in sight ... well done and a PB as well . can it get any better ?
We are out of lockdown here in NZ but local track not open until mid June .. so looking forward to that .
Watching your video always makes me wish I had not sold my 2-11 .. maybe a 3-11 is in my future .. I see the prices are coming down a little .. or maybe just wishful thinking on my behalf !

·
Registered
337 Posts
Calm and smooth. Nice! You need me out there chasing you. 😀

Reactions: Jack

·
Registered
155 Posts
Jack,

I am the new, proud owner of Gibson's 2-Eleven. It came with some used Pirelli slicks. What brand would you recommend using the stock rims? I'm looking for relatively long life and less sensitive to the set up.

I've only had the car on track (Summit Point's Shenandoah) once so far due to COVID. I had a blast!

Thanks in advance,
Sam

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@sk8nSam --- Congrats Sam.

I know the car well as I've raced against it at Spring Mountain and in Lotus Cup back in the day.

I'm currently running Hankook slicks, medium compound and am very happy with them. They are "sticky", wearing well and are reasonably priced; but I'm running 15" front and 17" rear wheels--Hankook has perfect sizes (in terms of overall diameter and tread width in 15/17"). Hankook's available 16" slick is a bit tall.

If you want to stick with the 16/17" stock wheel setup, probably your best bet would be to go with Hoosier A7's (not the R7's).

PM me your number and we can talk...it would easier conversing vs writing.

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's a car junkie to do to keep socially distant during this pandemic ...... keep on tracking!

Lo and behold, it's another PB, but I still didn't achieve my goal of breaking into the 1:10's, close but no cigar.....I'll have to keep trying. :D

@ Mr. Oz ---- Just so Danny boy has something to jog is memory....good times when you came out to visit. Hope you and Tammy can make it out again.

Reactions: Mr. Oz
1 - 10 of 10 Posts