Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Find this just a tad ominous muchachos.

:eek:

·
Registered
465 Posts
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
+ ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:D

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I assume he means Evora?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i wouldn't call it ominous yet - the first cars won't begin trickling out before late this year, with wide UK availability coming in 2010, and the federal car I expect will lag six months to a year on both release phases...

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Relax DU. They're going to be rolling around Scotland starting Monday.

"The new Lotus Evora will be put through its paces by over 70 of the most discerning international journalists over the next two weeks.
The first official press drives of the Lotus Evora will take place from 4th-15th May on the wonderful roads of the Scottish mountains and lochs, so please keep an eye on the Evora website to access the reviews via hyperlinks."

You know you wanna buy one ;)

Tom

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...huh - jeremy clarkson says it's available now...

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't confuse pragmatism with pot stirring Herr Hoople!

Maybe I should be more diplomatic and say Dickedup has a history of stirring the pot.
Calling it like I see it compadre. Find it very odd that this vehicle has barely had a smattering of, dare I say it, "buzz"... surrounding it's capibilities on the road. :huh:

What do they do in Hollywood when a test screening of a picture doesn't do so hot?

:shrug:

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heard that amigo!

Lotus sent out an email saying the cars will be given to auto journalists on some Scottish roads for 2 weeks during the month of May...Forgot when...Mid-May I believe. Fear not.
Tomorrow is that day mister.

:shift:

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good looking vehicle mister!

Relax DU. They're going to be rolling around Scotland starting Monday.

"The new Lotus Evora will be put through its paces by over 70 of the most discerning international journalists over the next two weeks.
The first official press drives of the Lotus Evora will take place from 4th-15th May on the wonderful roads of the Scottish mountains and lochs, so please keep an eye on the Evora website to access the reviews via hyperlinks."

You know you wanna buy one ;)

Tom
Happen to know on of these "intertnationl journalists" who will be attending the event tomorrow. This sumbitch will wring the Hell out of one if permitted.

Should be interesting. :up:

Just placed an order for the newest Porsche Cayman S muchacho. Replacing my present Snapper. Styling updates and another ~ 25 HP.

:p

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Calling it like I see it compadre. Find it very odd that this vehicle has barely had a smattering of, dare I say it, "buzz"... surrounding it's capibilities on the road. :huh:

The "buzz" is that there is no "buzz"

This is not unusual, I've had lots of press cars for magazine articles mere days before the public release. Recently I was on a short lead for a car that was already being sold in showrooms and most of the press was just getting their first chance to drive it. (A handful got a first drive only a month earlier)

Some car companies choose to keep things under wraps until the last moment. Sometimes it is strategic, sometimes they are behind schedule, sometimes it's for economic reasons, etc.

And there is a pretty extensive article that was posted about a month ago and reposted recently... oh look... it's just a few posts down from yours -poke-
Winding Road Magazine | Issue 44

Edit: And to add, people may have already driven it, but there could be an embargo on publishing the story

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Surely pray that I'm all wrong about my gut feel amigo!

I don't know. References to Hollywood go over my head, as do football references. What do you think is happening?
In Hollywood a film that performs below par in the studio's expectations is either shelved or sent straight to video. Not much marketing expenditure either I might add.

This lack of a ramping up the "dog & pony" show with the Evora concerns me greatly. Recall how many Hooples were able to flog the Hell out of the Elise before it was released for sale?

Jumping into the WABAC machine Sherman you may also recall what a bang up job Mazda did with their RX-7 when it was set to appear on out horizon.

Time will tell.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh my, where'd you learn that?

The "buzz" is that there is no "buzz"

This is not unusual, I've had lots of press cars for magazine articles mere days before the public release. Recently I was on a short lead for a car that was already being sold in showrooms and most of the press was just getting their first chance to drive it. (A handful got a first drive only a month earlier)

Some car companies choose to keep things under wraps until the last moment. Sometimes it is strategic, sometimes they are behind schedule, sometimes it's for economic reasons, etc.

And there is a pretty extensive article that was posted about a month ago and reposted recently... oh look... it's just a few posts down from yours -poke-
Winding Road Magazine | Issue 44
Thought the object of being in the automobile business was to make money? Reckon I could be wrong mister. :rolleyes:

That Winding Road article could have been written from the International Space Station.

Let us all just pray the Evora lives up to her potential.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Let us all just pray the Evora lives up to her potential.
I don´see what could go wrong.
The construction of the Evora is a variation from the ise/Exige.
just bigger chassis, engine and more leather.
Nothing new here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts