The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still Looking.

Also, if you're placing an order for a Saffron car and dont want a hardtop, if you can place an order WITH hardtop I'm willing to buy it from you at the time of your delivery and pay you a small premium for the right

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I don't have a yellow one, but with Shinoo's help I was lucky enough to find a dealer who would sell me a CO one for the basic option price. I think as more people opt for gullwings, you'll be able to score that yellow hard top with ease. So ... maybe put the word out at dealers who are creating fancy "total packages" like HRM?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Am I citing a note that is a bit too cautious in pointing out the possible misfit you might encounter with just any SY hardtop?

These are handbuilt cars afterall.

If the car wasn't built with its own hardtop in place, it's conceivable that one or more shims are missing that would make a leakproof fit (not so much water problem as a wind noise problem).

Heck -- the leaks happen with all cars as they age. And yours has been aging without a hardtop to grow old with it :))) for 6 months now.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was under the impression that the tops came with hardware. Ive had the top off our orange car without issue.
While these cars are handmade I dont think there's THAT much difference in the tolerances.

I purchased a hardtop for my miata 7 years after I purchased the car and it fit fine :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
CrashTestDummy said:
I was under the impression that the tops came with hardware. Ive had the top off our orange car without issue.
While these cars are handmade I dont think there's THAT much difference in the tolerances.

I purchased a hardtop for my miata 7 years after I purchased the car and it fit fine :)
Yes, the tops come with the hardware. I found the fit was perfect.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Are you still looking?

I got my Elise with the soft top and asked my dealer about purchasing a Hardtop down the road. And he said I could purchase one at anytime. (Though, I'm still under the assumption that a fair amount of time will pass by between purchase and delivery).

Maybe a dealer can order one for you.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, still looking.

Any dealer can order one.

Im looking to purchase one for $1400 which is cost with the car. I do of course offerer a premium over the $1400 for those looking to make a buck...in order to facilitate sell. :wave:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am considering sellling mine so that I can maybe get the gullwings. Let's talk. I think the gullwings are over $3grand so I have to think about how much more I want to spend etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts