The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
My Arai GP-6S looks a little plain in comparison, particularly because Iridium Arai mirror shields are out of stock until next week on the West coast. But build quality is great and the visor opening mechanism is wonderful. If it had an integrated radio it would be perfect...F1 guys use Arai so there must be a way to do it...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
The silver does look great - I went for the carbon so I hope it looks ever cooler ;-)
If it fits, you'll have an exceptionally light helmet and not a bad price either. I'd hazard that the Arai GP-6S is a little heavier than the Stilo composite, probably due to the amount of soft padding inside. Carbon Stilo should be awesome.

Get the multi-color purple/blue iridium shield with Carbon. Only $99 with anti-fog. Compare to Arai at $150+.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Get the multi-color purple/blue iridium shield
I ordered the dark smoke visor, they said it was closest to wearing good sunglasses. What is light like through the iridium as they do look pretty badass.

If I don't like the fit I'm going to try the Arai I's just have it custom painted.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The iridium's are a blue blocker so they are really quite superior at blocking out direct glare instead of just dulling the UV tinge/direct light like a black lense. They really mute everything without making things too dark.
A lot of guys find when light is low but there is still glare that the blacks are just a little too dark/imposing.

I find, anyway.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Do the iridium shields also make it harder to pic up things like oil smears on the road?

I was told that the Stilo mirror iridium shield was between light and dark smoke.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Nope, that's why they're so much better/favoured these days. You get less glare, with more sight than a blackened visor.
Naturally it's still darker than having nothing, but I find a lot more visibility is maintained.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I had heard they run very small. Am waiting for the XXL to be built. Thanks for your write-up. Now I will want to try one on before I buy it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts