The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I am going to replace my 2011 factory super charger with a vision function. The factory unit is awesome, runs great, no problems, just want a little more boost. What's a fair price to ask for the stock unit and all take off parts? New one will be installed by Lotus of Cleveland and used one cleaned and boxed by them too.
Unit has 20k miles on it. Runs and sounds awesome.

·
Registered
214 Posts
*New Additional Marketplace Rules*

1. No for sale threads with just a link to an eBay or Craigslist ad. Take the time to actually make a decent for sale thread.

2. Pictures sell items/cars, please post pictures with for sale threads.

3. No "testing waters" threads, no "just wanting to see what I can get" threads, no "feeler" threads. Although it’s acceptable to list an item OBO, or post an item and ask for everyone's best offer.

4. If market place rules are not followed when posting a for sale thread, it will get
deleted.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think I have to agree with all those new rules, but I am still glad you posted.. I have a 2011 elise and I have been thinking of getting the stock SC for it. I had the katana 2, and I would probably never get anything except stock again.

At any rate, whether I do it or not mostly depends on price and complications involved..

·
Registered
207 Posts
The aftermarket SC always try to push the limits of performance, whereas the factory ones will tend to favor stability and longevity. I personally just had problems with the tune, but that could be specific to me.

This SC is quite modest in performance, but I would imagine it should have the greatest reliability.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Someone else was selling stock SC for about 2K, but was missing a few parts. You also have to get the Lotus stock ecu tune for this, and pay for the install, so the prices can go up quickly.

My local lotus shop quoted $2800 for just the installation, which I couldn't help laughing at (they claimed the clam had to be removed)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for all the help. Sorry about the post. I had no idea that this was a such an important website that you couldn't even ask a question.....who is this rp dude from Canada? Is he a moderator? Is his last name Massengill? I think I know him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts