The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Mmmmmmmm, good.

I considered buying a 2 11 and wondered what you could do.

I haven't contacted you again regarding my FF 275 tune, did you ever do that job for Forcedfed yet?

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
it's the header. I suspect this is car has no cat also. Without the header, gotham tune on these cars is 237whp (w/decat). Header adds 20 up top which is almost what I got.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Be interesting to compare with the latest 211 ECU.

that graph does show the irratic nature of the base 255 map but the new 260 one is in a completely different league and makes the car more driveable on the road.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
it's the header. I suspect this is car has no cat also. Without the header, gotham tune on these cars is 237whp (w/decat). Header adds 20 up top which is almost what I got.
+1 on the header. I bought it for the quality and the decent flexible braided joint section (and because it looks pretty ;)), but it made a lot of power, too.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
~1450 lbs weight + 260rwhp = -eek-

:shift:

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Be interesting to compare with the latest 211 ECU.

that graph does show the irratic nature of the base 255 map but the new 260 one is in a completely different league and makes the car more driveable on the road.
i'll know tomorrow probably, supposed to be retuning a 260 211 then.

its not a stock gotham 265 either, i redid the cam profile and the spark advance on this car too.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just curious but what type of gas was used for the tune?

91 octane? 93 octane?

From experience I know that CA's 91 octane is probably close to if not the worst in the nation.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Damn that is sick! I'm 100% sure this dyno reads 167whp/120wtq for NA cars. Not sure how much pressure drop there is with the cup intercooler, but I suspect if you drop this tune in my car with RLS intercooler, it will be +270whp and +180wtq. :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
We got 7hp mid range and 5hp peak from the header. The rest is the tune.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
We got 7hp mid range and 5hp peak from the header. The rest is the tune.
Did you get those gains just from installing the header without any retuning? I have heard repeatedly that the header goofs up the stock tuning, usually running very lean, although maybe the 211 tune is more forgiving.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts