The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the fuel injector capacity is for the Evora S? Is there anything to be gained by replacing them with larger capacity injectors without replacing the stock fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
The injectors are not what limits power on the Evora. Much more important are exhaust and intake, where the limit are.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I think the headers are also a restrictive factor.

·
Premium Member
7,931 Posts
Injectors come last with punched out block. ie 4.0l but not needed before..... unless you can find a way to keep intake temps cool enough to be useful with more power.

·
Illegal Alien
5,318 Posts
As brgelise states S injectors are not limits to power with all sane mods; headers and open exhaust, intake, SC pulley and tune which should give power well over 350 at wheels. I say should because I have not changed my pulley. For insane increases intercooler, sleeve out to 4 liter, cams.. will make new injector selection minor, and by then BOE will have full blown tuning capabilities to be able to match them to engine using full parameters and lag times, rather than a fuel scaling fudge factor available under current locked tune selections.

·
Premium Member
7,931 Posts
Yea, ehat he said. Thanks Julian as usual.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As brgelise states S injectors are not limits to power with all sane mods; headers and open exhaust, intake, SC pulley and tune which should give power well over 350 at wheels. I say should because I have not changed my pulley. For insane increases intercooler, sleeve out to 4 liter, cams.. will make new injector selection minor, and by then BOE will have full blown tuning capabilities to be able to match them to engine using full parameters and lag times, rather than a fuel scaling fudge factor available under current locked tune selections.
Not sure I would want to go any further than I already have, was just curious.
Thanks for the info.

·
Illegal Alien
5,318 Posts
Not sure where you currently are on setup, but most likely we'll inside boundaries first pushed but Ramtin and me, no no worries with stock S model injectors and fuel pump.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Buckwheat -
This is guy down the street from you doing built Evora S engine/ CR Evora gearbox swap into MR2 . The stock units are 550cc. I agree with everyone else for now stock injectors are fine and not needed to be changed .

Once i really get into engine build later in year i will pass on info .
HARROP s/c is out being used in development of new cheaper but better
S/C kit for 2GR

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buckwheat -
This is guy down the street from you doing built Evora S engine/ CR Evora gearbox swap into MR2 . The stock units are 550cc. I agree with everyone else for now stock injectors are fine and not needed to be changed .

Once i really get into engine build later in year i will pass on info .
HARROP s/c is out being used in development of new cheaper but better
S/C kit for 2GR
I figured they were 550's. Thanks for the info. Wanted to know for future reference. I look forward to hearing from you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts