The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking at a 2005 stock Elise exhaust and trying to determine if it will fit my 2006 Exige. Currently have a Lotus stage 2 and it is tiresome on long drives to the track (300 miles on highway), drones away like mad.

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Hi all, looking at a 2005 stock Elise exhaust and trying to determine if it will fit my 2006 Exige. Currently have a Lotus stage 2 and it is tiresome on long drives to the track (300 miles on highway), drones away like mad.
I've gone that far with a Stage ll. It's no problem with ear plugs. There are several brands that even allow you to have a conversation, without excess noise from the exhaust. Even cheapo plugs seem to work. The disposables are less than .10 cents a pair. You can go upwards of $50.00+ for trick ones, if you like.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...granted, it's much quieter, but even the stock exhaust requires earplugs for long drives, i'm afraid...

·
Registered
212 Posts
...granted, it's much quieter, but even the stock exhaust requires earplugs for long drives, i'm afraid...
IMHO, stock is fine for long distance. I did 2000 miles in 3 days w/o earplugs.

To the OP, yes, it will fit

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
i wish i had them when i drove back 9 hours from vegas when i picked up the car, and i've had passengers on 3.5 hour drives and i offered them earplugs for the ride... they opted not to, and by the end of the drive they did comment that it did end up being a bit tiresome by the end. Stock base exhaust. I use earplugs for anything more than 20 minutes but that's just me.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
Yes, it will work fine. If you need a stock or aftermarket exhaust, let me know. We have some stock exhausts available for $150 each.

The Exige is just a boomier car. Exhausts that are reasonable on an Elise will drone like crazy in an Exige. :crazyeyes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts