The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought these NEW last year ($900). Only have 4 days on them. Pictured with pads, but I am selling the pads separately.

$600 shipped to lower 48. SOLD

20200525_105018.jpg
20200525_105028.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just installed 2 of those at the rear. Yes the BOE bracket is one option, Inokinetic has a similar product I believe. The difference is in the piston size. That BOE caliper you link is basically a reduced size piston version of the same caliper (38.1mm vs 44mm for OEM front AP)

With OEM 44mm piston front calipers at the rear, you'll need a way to rebalance the brake bias otherwise you'll have too much rear bias (50R/50F instead of 45R/55F) and you could loose the rear under strong braking for instance.
You could instead:
  • use 1 brake pads compound less aggressive at the back
  • mount a bias bar
With 38.1mm piston caliper from BOE , you should be fine using the same compound on all 4 wheels

Some good reading about the subject Stopping a Lotus On a Dime Every Time – BOE Fabrication

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Sorry to hack your sale thread but are there any light weight emergency brake options on the market yet? GLWS

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Sorry to hack your sale thread but are there any light weight emergency brake options on the market yet? GLWS
There's a wilwood one and another unmarked one as I can tell. They're floating in some recent threads.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the link mate, but that requires putting the two pot in the rear first. I have stock brakes. No BBK front or anything. I just want a simple lighter option for the OEM rear caliper without modifying anything else. I don’t track my car. The only brake mods I have are Sector 111 2 piece rotors. So my goal is just to reduce unsprung weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts