1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Very cool indeed!

·
Registered
707 Posts
A slow driver in a fast car will still be slow.
We have a 570 in our local group (albeit modified) and it dissapeared from my sight in about 1 lap. Thats on a track that I have hundreds of laps on with a Rev400 kit.

So... take with a grain of salt

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
I think it’s great to see someone taking their 570s on the track, and not just taking it out for leisurely weekend drives.
You should add this video to the “post your track videos here” thread.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A slow driver in a fast car will still be slow.
We have a 570 in our local group (albeit modified) and it dissapeared from my sight in about 1 lap. Thats on a track that I have hundreds of laps on with a Rev400 kit.

So... take with a grain of salt
Don't disagree. Will say Shenandoah is the perfect track for Miatas, Elises or anything else very light. Agree the McLaren driver is slow (maybe not "slow", but at least taking it easy since he has so much on the line), but I used to routinely pass late model Corvettes in a VW Scirocco on that track. If you don't mind curbing, throwing your car into the Karussell with abandon, and generally have a momentum car, it is a very fun and extremely technical track.

Raises a point I make about track days, I don't think I could enjoy tracks in a super car. I would probably drive like that McLaren driver as well.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Last week I was at the track on experimented driver group. One guy was driving a mustang and also a McLaren 720S. He was slower on his McLaren, I suppose he is learning another driving style and it is not easy to drive that kind of machine. I was a lot faster than the McLaren, but for sure, the McLaren with race tire is a faster machine.

And what a beautiful car! Magic!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts