The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I need to replace my stock rotors. Who has the best prices???
EBC rotors are probably the least expensive acceptable rotors. However, if you are looking for OEM, you'll just have to try calling the dealers. I would normally suggest trying www.lotusgarage.com, but for some odd reason they don't list the rotors.

The following place has the EBC rotors for $253.68 a pair (free shipping), which is $507.36 for all four wheels. I have seen them a bit cheaper before (but maybe not free shipping), so do a web search.

There are other after market options (for example, at sector111), but they are all a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I thought our tiny Lotus used brakes off a GM car. Aren't the rear calipers from some unmentionable sedan?

This is a 2000lb car. ANYTHING will stop it.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I thought our tiny Lotus used brakes off a GM car. Aren't the rear calipers from some unmentionable sedan?

This is a 2000lb car. ANYTHING will stop it.
Close.

But it's a two-door Dodge called a Viper or something like that.
;)

The fronts are (basically) a Formula car caliper.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I think I paid $2000 to put the awesome Wilwood big brake kit on my M100, which is a heavier car that could reach some good speeds.

Not knowing braking systems, could something like that be fitted? The brake kit prices on Sector 111 are IN-SANE.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I got new EBC's on mine they were somethin like $200 for the front and then put oem pads. Its a great alternative for a non-track-only car. Same weight rotors.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't have the exact prices from the Symbolic, but they were in the range of $300 per rotor and $2xx per set of pads. Not worth it in my opinion since the rotor is one part number and should be inexpensive compared to the aftermarket ones out there. Go aftermarket on this one. Cheaper and better product.

Cheers,

Brian

·
Registered
740 Posts
Icedog: what happened to your car? Accident?Sold?
I must have missed that post.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Many people have upgraded to the big brake kits, I'm sure there are lots of stock rotors available to buy cheap.....just ask ....

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Icedog: what happened to your car? Accident?Sold?
I must have missed that post.
Long story. Search P1302 and you'll find a whole mess of stuff. Cliff's Notes version: Broken rocker arm, Lotus wouldn't repair under warranty. Instead of forking over a bunch of money (~$5K) after getting burned, I took a loss of roughly the same magnitude and got a BMW 335i. I'd still like to get to the bottom of why so many have had the same problem in the same manner involving the same cylinder. I'd like to get another some time down the line, probably when they're in the $25K range but I probably wouldn't want to do that until the cause is found.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts