The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, i have searched everywhere and i am running out of time so i wanted to see if i could get a clarification on this. Does the 07 elise with the touring pack but without the premium pack come with the ipod connector. I leave tomorrow to go and pick up the car and i NEED to have music to drive back with so i either have to burn a bunch of cds or bring my ipod.

Some reviews say yes some say no, it only came with the premium pack...

I just went through 20 dealer websites looking for an 07 elise with touring but not premium looking for a good photo of the stereo, I came up with a total of 1 blurry photo...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hmmm....
according to this:
2007 Lotus Elise Road Test - Carpages.ca

it's part of the touring and/or Premier packs.

but this:
Gear Patrol | Definitive Men’s Lifestyle & Leisure Journal » 2007 Lotus Elise Series 2
says premier only.

I looked at a VERY similar car (you KNOW which one I'm talking about) and it's Touring pack desc is this:

RDS Radio and Single CD-Player with MP3 Capability and 4-Speaker Sound System;

So I'm thinking it didn't become std until '08.

At least you can jam a ton of mp3s on a CDR.

Here's a decent link on an '07 Elsie owner that added an iopd interface..again suggesting not a Tour pack option.
Lotus Elise Blog: Elise iPod Install and "Lidbone" install | Lotus Elise Car Blog | 2005 Lotus Elise Krypton Green Photos

Enjoy the trip and Text when you hit town.

Rgrds,
john

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm....
according to this:

but this:
Gear Patrol | Definitive Men’s Lifestyle & Leisure Journal » 2007 Lotus Elise Series 2
says premier only.

The one you looked at actually has the premium pack as well... so i can't use that as the comparison. I even went so afr as to try to use the waybackmachine www.archive.org to look through the old lotus homepage, but no luck there either...

I think i am going to have to get something on the way. Anyone know a good stereo installer between vegas and boston ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
One thought...and NOT a terribly good one...but I use it when I get rental cars: FM transmitter. Plugs into the headphone jack and transmits onto the upper or lower ends of the FM band....decent in rural areas---borderline crap in metro (like Chicago)

john m

Hmmm....
according to this:

but this:
says premier only.

The one you looked at actually has the premium pack as well... so i can't use that as the comparison. I even went so afr as to try to use the waybackmachine www.archive.org to look through the old lotus homepage, but no luck there either...

I think i am going to have to get something on the way. Anyone know a good stereo installer between vegas and boston ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an 07 with touring pack and it comes with iPod connector. The problem is the stereo just doesn't sound that great (no bass etc.) If you want good sound you will have to upgrade the speakers and add a sub.

I took my iPod with me when I first picked up the car and never used it for the drive home (a total of about 4 hours). I found it more fun to listen to the car! rotfl

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Your first drive home in your new car? You won't need no stinkin' music. :evil:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Even if i dont drive my car for a week the music just doesn't get turned on.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm in nearly the same situation as the original poster. I'm going out to pick up an '07, and I know it has the iPod connector... But I don't have an iPod. I have a Zune (forgive me, I am from Seattle).

Does the '07 radio with the iPod jack have a normal line level in, or will it only pick up noises from an iPod? Just trying to figure out if I need to burn a bunch of MP3 CD's or if I can just bring the player.

Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in nearly the same situation as the original poster. I'm going out to pick up an '07, and I know it has the iPod connector... But I don't have an iPod. I have a Zune (forgive me, I am from Seattle).

Does the '07 radio with the iPod jack have a normal line level in, or will it only pick up noises from an iPod? Just trying to figure out if I need to burn a bunch of MP3 CD's or if I can just bring the player.

Thanks!
There is no aux in unfortunately just the ipod connector. Burn the cd's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts