The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to have the car completely repainted after it was stolen and nearly destroyed. They installed xpel but only covered half of the hood. I'm trying to get them to match the stock coverage but can't find it anywhere to show them.

Does anyone have a coverage template for the stock protection?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Up by the top of the headlights

If they did a decent job it will be better than factory, several gaps in the factory film

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone confirm it's up to the middle of the front clam, the rocker panels under the doors and the rear bumper? How far up the hood did it go originally?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Up by the top of the headlights

If they did a decent job it will be better than factory, several gaps in the factory film
Thanks, it's xpel so should be better but don't remember the line across the hood. Was it only half the hood originally?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,376 Posts
None of the Elige patterns covers the entire front of the car as far as I've found. I would be happy to be wrong on this.

San

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
None of the Elige patterns covers the entire front of the car as far as I've found. I would be happy to be wrong on this.

San
Thanks for the info. Was the rear bumper covered at all?

I know the rocker panels were and the mirrors too I believe.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
836 Posts
On Xpel’s site, they have precut kits so you can see what sizes/shapes they offer. It looks like the stock front clam protection covered more area than the half hood from Xpel, but there is a full hood option for more money. As for the rear bumper, Xpel has two pieces that protect just behind the rear wheels, similar to what’s stock on my Evora. I can’t speak to what was stock on the Elige. Check out what shapes they have on their site; I was amazed all the cars and variations that they have in their database for stock sizes. Below is what they have for a 2005 Elise.

https://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-kits/XPEL-US--AND--Canada/Passenger-Cars--AND--Light-Trucks/2005/Lotus/Elise/None

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have the stock Starshield still on it is as the picture above shows. That stock offering covers half the front top of the clam but does not cover the very front (where the nose and grill is). The mirrors are covered as well as the rocker panel up to the side slates. I have no PPF on the rear at all. I am not sure about Expel (havent looked) but I know there are kits that offer more coverage...like 3M for example.

Stock is: the hood and mirror kit plus rocker kit as shown in the link below for example.

https://www.invisiblemask.com/imask/index.php?route=product/category&path=25644

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After 100 miles the paint was already wrecked. They are going to repaint it and apply the correct coverage.

Amazing how much damage in only 100 miles!

Thanks everyone for the help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts