The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry that my first post on your community is under these circumstances, but my lotus 41C
has been stolen yesterday, it's very rare and out of desperation for it's return I am appealing to other lotus enthusiasts who may possibly have heard anything about it. Details of the car:

RARE LOTUS 41C IN GOLD LEAF COLOURS STOLEN YESTERDAY FROM NORTHAMPTONSHIRE UK. THERE IS NO PAPERWORK/ HISTORY WITH THIS CAR AS THIS IS ALL STILL IN MY POSESSION. A SUBSTANTIAL REWARD IS OFFERED FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO IT'S SAFE RETURN. FITTED WITH A LOTUS (BRM) TWIN CAM ENGINE, TAYLOR RACE ENGINEERING (HEWLAND MK8/9 REPLICA) GEARBOX AND RARE ORIGINAL LOTUS 6 BOLT 6 SPOKE MAGNESIUM ALLOY WHEELS. ANY INFO PLEASE E-MAIL

lesleyellaway @ yahoo. co. uk (remove all spaces when typing)

*************REWARD IS OFFERED FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF THIS CAR****************'

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
My heartfelt sympathies. I hope it turns up soon and unharmed.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I hope it is returned. I can't imagine that there is much of a market for stolen rare race cars, so I hope it can be found.

I'm sure that everyone on the forum will keep it in mind. I know I will (no reward will be required either). Luckily, the Lotus community is rather small and tight-knit, even though spread all around the world, so that should improve the chances of recovery. I hope.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
This is like stealing a noteworthy piece of art... there aren't many places where this car could be displayed/driven in public without it being recognized. Hopefully that means it will find it's way back to you soon...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...the hell?!.

...pardon my profanity, but who the **** expects to get away with stealing an exotic collector's race car?..the enthusiast community will come down swiftly and mercilessly on anyone attempting to fence (no less track) something so rare; i can only imagine that the perpetrators are utterly ignorant of what they've taken...

...my best wishes for a safe and speedy recovery, hopefully no-questions-asked no-reward-necessary...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...if you haven't done so yet, have someone well-connected with the japanese enthusiast community post a similar announcement to their preeminent fora; the language barrier between thriving parallel cultures is the only mechanism by which i imagine someone might expect to get away with this...

·
Registered
817 Posts
best of luck on your gorgeous car's safe return home. Crimes such as these should be punishable by death, truly a work of art.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Well, it wasn't the work of a few chavs, that's for sure.

Have you tried looking at street cameras? This is England after all...

·
Registered
79 Posts
If that were my car, I would be worried about it being shipped out of the country in a shipping crate (you see this in the movies anyhow). How was it stolen? I mean was it driven off? taken with a truck? I have an old car, and I can tell you that even if someone had the key, they'd be lucky to get it started unless they knew about that model. Plus it would make a ton of noise.

Best of luck in finding it. :(

·
Registered
580 Posts
Two possible reasons for doing such a thing: 1) Chop it up and trickle the parts out, or 2) Pre-existing private collector/buyer who'll keep the car stashed away somewhere. Common thieves do not do after something like that. I would immediately suspect a "new face" who was recently introduced to the car and its location.

With all that said, my sincere sympathies. That is one of the most beautiful 41's I've ever seen. I hope you get her back. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If that were my car, I would be worried about it being shipped out of the country in a shipping crate (you see this in the movies anyhow). How was it stolen? I mean was it driven off? taken with a truck? I have an old car, and I can tell you that even if someone had the key, they'd be lucky to get it started unless they knew about that model. Plus it would make a ton of noise.

Best of luck in finding it. :(
yep, particularly as it is believed to be the only formula B car in the UK(formula 2 if, like me, you are from the eastern "side of the pond"). Trouble with single seaters is they are so light and easy to push around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, it wasn't the work of a few chavs, that's for sure.

Have you tried looking at street cameras? This is England after all...
For sure, as for the camera's they are in the domain of the police who are of course on the case

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
best of luck on your gorgeous car's safe return home. Crimes such as these should be punishable by death, truly a work of art.
If my wife had her way only after removing certain parts of their anatomy with bolt croppers and without anaesthetic first.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...from where was it stolen?..

...this will sound silly, but have you checked adjacent garages or nearby hedges?..it's a pretty small car, after all, easy to overlook if it were to roll away or accidentally be parked in the wrong spot...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...if you haven't done so yet, have someone well-connected with the japanese enthusiast community post a similar announcement to their preeminent fora; the language barrier between thriving parallel cultures is the only mechanism by which i imagine someone might expect to get away with this...
Thank you, a good idea.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I think I'm going to vomit.

I hope you get that car back very soon without any violations to it at all. I hope there are many violations on the perpetrator :thwack:.

·
Registered
905 Posts
You do not take a car like that without having a plan, and knowing what it is and its worth. Not the same thing as a honda theft. I would look deeper...like export. Its also someone that the owner knows, that has been to his house.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts