The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stolen M3 in Orlando 4/27/08 "FOUND" see post #21

Hey Guys,
Please keep an eye out for a 2001 E46 Yellow/Green (Phoenix Yellow) M3 in Florida, I Just got a call from a friend that had her Bimmer stolen early this AM and I am trying to get her tag # but she is going nuts right now - Really nice car, It looks exactly like this just with tinted windows. Please just make a note of tag # and location/time if you see one of these and I will update when I get the tag # Thanks...
Nick

UPDATE - SEE POST #21

Attachments

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hey Guys,
Please keep an eye out for a 2001 E46 Yellow/Green (Phoenix Yellow) M3 in Florida, I Just got a call from a friend that had her Bimmer stolen early this AM. Really nice car, This is a picture of her car. Please call police if you see this car FLORIDA TAG # E44 6PL
Thanks...
Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
:eek: I will keep my eyes open... thanks for an excuse to "patrol" the city with the Lotus this fine day! - John R

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wow, that's f*cked up. I hope she finds it soon and undamaged.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that the one that's usually parked on south st downtown?
Hey Dwight - That is my friend Lisa and that is the location! Did you do it :) Just Joking, Good Call on the location - That is her Chiropractic office and her residence as well. It was broken into back in December and last week it was at the dealership for service and I asked her to contact the dealership to make them aware in case it was an "Inside" job - You never know!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Car not spotted in Dallas, TX area all weekend. Sorry. I did see a black one like that though. Is it possible the thief repainted the car?

xtn

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks XTN :) If possible if you see the black one again run them off the road and make sure it's old paint or check to see if it's a vinyl wrap :) thanks for the heads up :up:

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I will be going south on 95 from Daytona today and will keep an eye out for it.

Did she have a Sunpass transmitter on the car? If so maybe they might have time and location for when it was last used.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably just me being paranoid but, My brother is staying with me right now and he couldn't sleep last night and went to smoke a ciggy on the porch between 4-5 am, When I woke up this morning he told me an unmarked wrecker without all the bells and whistles drove by my house twice while he was sitting on the darkened porch and I had already parked the Lotus in it's home in the back yard but the past few nights I was lazy and it was parked out front!
I wonder if our neighborhood is being worked over ?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be going south on 95 from Daytona today and will keep an eye out for it.

Did she have a Sunpass transmitter on the car? If so maybe they might have time and location for when it was last used.
Thank you and no sunpass unfortunately -

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Thanks XTN :) If possible if you see the black one again run them off the road and make sure it's old paint or check to see if it's a vinyl wrap :) thanks for the heads up :up:
I'll head out for a cruize and see if I come across it agian.:up:

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
How did they steal it?
Modern BMWs generally get flatbedded/towed. It's way too hard to circumvent the immobilization in any kind of timely fashion. You can drag one onto a flatbed or pick one with a wheel-lift and be gone very quickly.

Very interested to see if someone actually spotted it! That'd be pretty sweet!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts