The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
Wow - just Wow :)
The tip was good and I grabbed my big Brother and some heat and located the vehicle in Avalon Park and confirmed the License plate and sat and waited for the detective and my friend the Owner, I will add more pics as I get them.
We hid around the corner hoping the bastard would visit the vehicle but no such luck - The detective arrived and since it was out of city limits he had to wait until the Sheriff dept. showed up and the Sheriff was not interested in a stakeout to catch the bastard, The Detective really was a stand-up guy and I was happy to meet him - He will be following up trying to catch the bastard. I really was hoping for some action but at least her car was returned to her - They removed all the personal effects but other than the drivers lock damaged and some minor interior damage the car was in good shape - The vehicle will be worked over tomorrow by the city police and she should have it back good as new shortly.
A happy ending and maybe the spotter from the local BMW Forum will post here and get the kudos for locating the vehicle!
Here is a pic I took during my "Stakeout"
:)

Attachments

awesome story:clap:

ZTEC - Walkin' Tall

Buford P.,
Amazing story and what good friends are all about.
Well done, Sir!!

That's the same thing I thought...and the accord toorotfl

Nice job Ztec - but frustrating that you never got to see the guy get into it with the cops there. Glad the car is with the rightful ower. This town is getting crazy.:panic:

Discussion starter · #36 ·
I heard that the car was seen a day earlier at the Publix right around the corner from where it was spotted and I am going to encourage the detective to see if there is any camera coverage of the parking lot and try and I.D. this loser!

I wonder why the Sherrif wouldn't stake out the car at the site?

If he didn't have a higher ranking criminal to catch at the time, he ought to have stayed. If he did have a higher priority criminal to catch at the time, then he ought to have been doing it and not wasting time on the lesser criminal.

I mean I'm not knocking the Sherrif; I'm sure he's very busy. I'm just saying it seems like an inefficient way to prioritize the catching of theives.

Come on, you would never put a sherrif on a stakeout. A pimply rookie...sure, give him a better resume with solving grand theft auto than 25 speeding tickets for the month.

awesome story, you're friend totally owes you one. We need an update with your "reward"

My brother just got a birthday card for his friend and didn't know what to get him, so he bought a 5 dollar raffle ticket and stuck it in the card....

The damn kid won 1 grand! He promised my brother a cut of it.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.