The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Stolen M3 in Orlando 4/27/08

5K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  xxxotic 
#1 · (Edited)
Stolen M3 in Orlando 4/27/08 "FOUND" see post #21

Hey Guys,
Please keep an eye out for a 2001 E46 Yellow/Green (Phoenix Yellow) M3 in Florida, I Just got a call from a friend that had her Bimmer stolen early this AM and I am trying to get her tag # but she is going nuts right now - Really nice car, It looks exactly like this just with tinted windows. Please just make a note of tag # and location/time if you see one of these and I will update when I get the tag # Thanks...
Nick

UPDATE - SEE POST #21

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
:eek: I will keep my eyes open... thanks for an excuse to "patrol" the city with the Lotus this fine day! - John R

#20 ·
Modern BMWs generally get flatbedded/towed. It's way too hard to circumvent the immobilization in any kind of timely fashion. You can drag one onto a flatbed or pick one with a wheel-lift and be gone very quickly.

Very interested to see if someone actually spotted it! That'd be pretty sweet!

#8 ·
Hey Dwight - That is my friend Lisa and that is the location! Did you do it :) Just Joking, Good Call on the location - That is her Chiropractic office and her residence as well. It was broken into back in December and last week it was at the dealership for service and I asked her to contact the dealership to make them aware in case it was an "Inside" job - You never know!

#9 ·
Car not spotted in Dallas, TX area all weekend. Sorry. I did see a black one like that though. Is it possible the thief repainted the car?

xtn

#14 ·
I'll head out for a cruize and see if I come across it agian.:up:

#12 ·
Probably just me being paranoid but, My brother is staying with me right now and he couldn't sleep last night and went to smoke a ciggy on the porch between 4-5 am, When I woke up this morning he told me an unmarked wrecker without all the bells and whistles drove by my house twice while he was sitting on the darkened porch and I had already parked the Lotus in it's home in the back yard but the past few nights I was lazy and it was parked out front!
I wonder if our neighborhood is being worked over ?

#21 · (Edited)
Wow - just Wow :)
The tip was good and I grabbed my big Brother and some heat and located the vehicle in Avalon Park and confirmed the License plate and sat and waited for the detective and my friend the Owner, I will add more pics as I get them.
We hid around the corner hoping the bastard would visit the vehicle but no such luck - The detective arrived and since it was out of city limits he had to wait until the Sheriff dept. showed up and the Sheriff was not interested in a stakeout to catch the bastard, The Detective really was a stand-up guy and I was happy to meet him - He will be following up trying to catch the bastard. I really was hoping for some action but at least her car was returned to her - They removed all the personal effects but other than the drivers lock damaged and some minor interior damage the car was in good shape - The vehicle will be worked over tomorrow by the city police and she should have it back good as new shortly.
A happy ending and maybe the spotter from the local BMW Forum will post here and get the kudos for locating the vehicle!
Here is a pic I took during my "Stakeout"
:)

Attachments

#24 ·
ZTEC - Walkin' Tall

Buford P.,
Amazing story and what good friends are all about.
Well done, Sir!!

#28 ·
That's the same thing I thought...and the accord toorotfl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.