The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to put a small container of mints inside the compartment, but even that won't fit. What are you doing with the storage compartment on the drivers side dash?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I tried to put a small container of mints inside the compartment, but even that won't fit. What are you doing with the storage compartment on the drivers side dash?
keys. garage opener. keycard. that sort of thing will fit there.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Per other suggestions on LT, I always keep it stocked with lightness.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Anything I put in there-- cough drops, loose change, air freshener, etc just flies out whenever I accelerate...

Really why did they design a cubby hole that has should a shallow bottom that can't really hold anything secure

·
Registered
396 Posts
Lightness joke aside, I do sometimes keep my Bluetooth earpiece in there when not using it during a drive. Fits perfectly and doesn't fall out even under acceleration.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks! It hit me yesterday when we were talking about that video. It made such an impression on me, I had to do it. I am by no means claiming exclusivity.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I will begin using my small storage container for mints, but I will just get a smaller container to place my tic tacs in, and tranfer from the original box to the new tiny box.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
...and doesn't fall out even under acceleration.
I must have a heavy foot then. I did the same and my earpiece flew out of it all the time (I've got plantronics discovery 975). Also coins fly out when I hit a bump.

I was thinking of making a custom panel for the opening with some switches for some mod ideas I have in my head.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Coins. Those get annoying, but you better not put them in your door handles or you'll have a piggy bank in your doorshell and be reminded of it each time you close your door.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts