The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention the pedals have been moved together for perfect heel/toe.:coolnana:

Also many more current pictures coming this weekend.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hey Andrew. I didn't think you'd make this move so quickly. Moving up to the 211 already!! Very cool.

This S is definitely worth the price he's asking given all the right mods included. Having chased andrew around for many laps watching how the car handles, and knowing how meticulous Andrew is, it would be hard to find an S more sorted out than this.

Looking forward to seeing the 211 in the ranks.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2-11 won't really be mine....

I'll be the half owner - I'm sharing it with the most trusted driver and meticulous keeper of cars I know, so have no qualms about going halfs - and given how few days I can escape work in a year it just makes much more sense to be a part owner.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seats & belts

This shot shows the matching seats, and belts, and if you look at the top of the driver's side seat you can see the effect of the lowering kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick Release wheel

I have always considered this to be a great boon, and safety feature for track days, as heaven forbid anything should happen you can pop this off and get out quickly. The wheel set comes with a long spacer that brings your hands closer than the OEM wheel, giving you the perfect hand/arm angle for maximum control.

The car comes with the OEM Airbag wheel, and a spare Momo sport wheel, as well as the track log that details every use the car has had.

The car is also hardwired for Valentine 1, something I forgot to mention in the lead post.

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cabin is the most luxurious of any Lotus you've ever been in....extra sound deadening, upgraded stereo system with XM (not activated) and alcantera suede lining on the sills, console and roof make this a very pleasant drive to and from the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Andrew - are you coming out to SOW for the LCS event on 5.28? You should. It's Lotus only and only 20 cars...and I'd like to give your car a spin if you don't mind. Try to make it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm booked almost every day into July now, which is why I've put this car on the market so far in advance of the 2-11's arrival, I know I won't get out to the track again till after the summer recess.:(

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Andrew - are you coming out to SOW for the LCS event on 5.28? You should. It's Lotus only and only 20 cars...and I'd like to give your car a spin if you don't mind. Try to make it.
Glen, i did the set up and driven it, its DONE. this is one great car, link up with Andrew and drive it. your very fast and you are not going to be happy with a stock S. if you buy a stock S you will end up spending 8-$10k extra to get what the car has. its like getting a S for 45k. carl

·
Registered
985 Posts
edited out Hot Lotus' discussion points - Matt G

Glen, this car is really set up for someone like you who has a lot of track time, knows what these upgrades are, and knows that you'll make them to any car you buy. As you know the car is good for 2.04 with me in it, with Craig it'll be under 2.

There has been no change to any part of the motor or exhaust as I wanted to keep the warranty clean. It still has a year left on it, so you could do some of those mods to add some pep after a few months. The place you'll really feel the difference is driving to and from the track - this is the ultimate luxury Lotus - any oxymoron if ever there was one.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Edited out Hot Lotus' discussion points - Matt G.

Andrew, I was very excited about the car when you listed it, and gave it some serious thought. We just lost two big jobs in the office (no lenders - another victim of the banking crisis!!) and I'm considering layoffs so buying a new car at the moment would not be prudent or good PR.

Good luck. Sad to see it leave the fold and to hear you're too booked to enjoy it.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That or your 'product' is just that good. I vote both!
Thanks, but I can't really claim any responsibility, Lotus built the car, and Sector lll did the goodies, the combo however is the best trackday Lotus you could ask for this side of Frank's amazing 320hp Ronin-mobile.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts