The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in making a trade?

I just read that thread about color remorse... I don't know if I'm just getting impatient, or really want CO.

I'm spot #14, yet I ordered as #11.

ST/Black/Red - Touring - Hard Top

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I keep thinking...

"Maybe I should have gotten Chrome Orange"

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Lol- guilty. Called the dealer, found out I had about a week to change the order. In the end stayed with yellow. Wasn't there a poll with CO the most wished I order but didn't color?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i think you should stay with your original color. You picked it first for good reason. Waiting can do crazy things to a man's head. I bet in the long run you'll be most happy with your first choice color.

Just my $.02

-Steve

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
offroadr35 said:
i think you should stay with your original color. You picked it first for good reason. Waiting can do crazy things to a man's head. I bet in the long run you'll be most happy with your first choice color.

Just my $.02

-Steve
My original color...for over 2 years... Arctic Silver. I still love it. But 75% of the cars I see are silver now. That would get in the way of me being an Attention Whore.

·
Registered
825 Posts
offroadr35 said:
i think you should stay with your original color. You picked it first for good reason...
I think that you're right. Every time I see a CO picture I wonder if I should have taken the plunge. Then I think some more and realize "I'm still crazy about Saffron..." :crazyeyes
Unless new information surfaces, your first decision is usually the best.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Randy Chase said:
My original color...for over 2 years... Arctic Silver. I still love it. But 75% of the cars I see are silver now. That would get in the way of me being an Attention Whore.
Is it just me or have the COM been too successful? Is CO the new Silver:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ordered mine in Storm Titanium *because* I wanted to keep the attention level down (as much as that's possible in an Elise). I don't particularly like people staring at me at a stoplight. Can't pick your nose or sing along to your favorite CD... at least not with the pretend microphone in hand.

I'd be afraid of the attention some of the bright colors might bring me from the cops too. Not to mention theives (can't imagine they'd get too far with a yellow Elise of which there'll probably be a max of 2 in Wash, DC).

I prefer a nice knowing smile as I drive by or finding an enthusiast looking in the window when I come out of a store. Alas, I'm probably kidding myself. It's probably going to be mayhem the first few weeks. Memories of my Elan are coming back now... at stop lights- "Yo! What IS that?!" "Who makes a Lotus?" "That a concept car?" Here we go again...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I also got ST. I changed it from SY. I could change it a million more times but am holding onto ST.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Patricko said:
Is it just me or have the COM been too successful? Is CO the new Silver:D
I was thinking, when CO was first added to our choice that ther may be 5 or 6 of us .
LOL I found out there are 2 in the first 6 orders at my dealership

1 - 11 of 11 Posts