The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Try the photo section of the board. There is a section for Storm Ti in the standard color section, and in "other" you will find pics of Euro color Gunmetal Grey which should be the same or close to Graphite

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
From the above link-

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
From Michael's Sand Museum-

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Wow... those close-up pictures just made me realize that Lotus is using the HPI Remote Control cars (or at least the bodies) to show the colors of the car!

I guess that's my next purchase... an HPI RC car! I'm addicted! :p (I'm definitely addicted since I'm checking the Elise Talk Forums while I'm in Minsk, Belarus!!!)

Bob K.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Yeah, those are the RC cars. Good idea for them.

Your friend stopped by and said hi.

·
Registered
282 Posts
nxm150 said:
Randy, what color is the top car and what color is the bottom car?
The top car is Storm Titanium.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Trust me, I'm getting Graphite and have "researched" Gunmetal and Storm Ti ad nauseum. The top is Graphite:)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
_JD_ said:
Trust me, I'm getting Graphite and have "researched" Gunmetal and Storm Ti ad nauseum. The top is Graphite:)
_JD_, I am leaning towards graphite gray also. Is grahite gray the same as gunmetal? What number are you on your waiting list? I am far down but would love to see pics of the actual car before placing an order. What interior color are you going to get?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
nxm150 said:
_JD_, I am leaning towards graphite gray also. Is grahite gray the same as gunmetal? What number are you on your waiting list? I am far down but would love to see pics of the actual car before placing an order. What interior color are you going to get?
I'm #12 at Matheny. Yes, I think at this point it's safe to say that Gunmetal and Graphite are the same color.

I'm either going with Graphite and base black cloth interior to re-cover later or I'll go with red leather w/ the touring. I have about 3 weeks to decide accoring to the dealer so I have some time to think about it.
:)

·
Registered
493 Posts
If the top "RC" car is graphite, then I take it the first picture Randy posted is also graphite?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
In looking over the various pics, what is surprising is that the differences between the two are almost less than what we see in pics of just one color, but perhaps different because of lighting or camera.

Those are pretty close colors.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Randy Chase said:
In looking over the various pics, what is surprising is that the differences between the two are almost less than what we see in pics of just one color, but perhaps different because of lighting or camera.

Those are pretty close colors.
I agree. I read in another thread a while back that Gunmetal has a blue base and Storm Ti has a brown base. I agree with that. They are very similar, but for some reason, I like Graphite enough to pay the premium. I think.:D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
strawtarget said:
Yeah, the "Elise Colors!" section on this site is not correct. The picture listed on the index page as "Storm Titanium" is actually "gunmetal", aka "graphite".

Go here to see some Storm Titanium pics.

http://www.titaniumelise.com/Photos/titanium_s2/s2_views.htm

_JD_ is correct... graphite has a blue base, Ti has a brown base.
Yeah, I will update it when I get some time (right after the show). It needs to reflect the latest colors too. Like that hideous...er...unusual green.
:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
strawtarget said:
Yeah, the "Elise Colors!" section on this site is not correct. The picture listed on the index page as "Storm Titanium" is actually "gunmetal", aka "graphite".

Go here to see some Storm Titanium pics.

http://www.titaniumelise.com/Photos/titanium_s2/s2_views.htm

_JD_ is correct... graphite has a blue base, Ti has a brown base.
Sorry, That is why I was confused.

-Eric

1 - 20 of 51 Posts