The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a car has landed in dallas. As previously reported there is a ST Elise at Overseas. It is gorgeous- cooler than I had hoped for. They wouldnt let me drive it as they say they dont know if it their Demo or not. One disturbing thing said was that cars that are ordered and not taken by the orderer MIGHT be sold at market price and not offered to someone else who has already put their deposit down. This disturbs me b/c I very well would be likely to take a color other than what I ordered. The car felt good, I am 6ft 175lbs and liked it alot. the foot pedals worked fine, the shifter also felt nice. I have no doubts now, b/c I am sure driving it will be icing on the cake. I also saw their list of dealer options and was pleased to see a detatchable Momo steering wheel, and some other cool things. Gerry

·
Registered
609 Posts
gerry k said:
...they say they dont know if it their Demo or not...
Oh come on now, how can a dealer receive a car and not know if it is their demo on not? :confused: I call B***S*** on this one. :no:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: Re: Storm titanium at Overseas

roadrunner said:
Oh come on now, how can a dealer receive a car and not know if it is their demo on not? :confused: I call B***S*** on this one. :no:
I agree. It is not debatable. It is, or it is not. Someone has put a deposit down on the car, or they have not. It is a customer order, or it is not. I am in full agreement. :no:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
They are trying to line up a buyer to sell it at market that's why they are being vague and won't let anyone test drive it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
huggy bear said:
They are trying to line up a buyer to sell it at market that's why they are being vague and won't let anyone test drive it.
Which is why I think that the usefulness of a demo is debatable in a car with a one year waiting list. No one on the lsit will probably order an ADDITIONAL car after a test drive, although they would benifit from listening to the exhaust options and seeing some of the other options on a car. Same goes for color. I think that all dealerships shold keep a car or two on the lot at a given time, but when there is a market for a price hike (as much as we all hate it) I can understand them wanting to take it. Also the additional delays, and I can understand why making a client wait a few weeks while thier car is on the dealership floor would be frustrating. Time will tell how this all plays out. I suspect that the demo cars will often times be relegated to sitting on the floor and acting as eye candy and test fitting in the seat. We will see.:cool:

·
Registered
591 Posts
My understanding is that the car does not match any of their early orders or their demo car. This is what is creating the confusion. There is one salesman that is out today, that needs to be checked with to ensure that a change was not made to an initial order, hence the discrepency to the expected cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts