The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 140 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
went out early evening for a change. this was between downpours. actually took my tripod last night but didn't use it. it drove me mad rattling away in the footwell!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Skiddo,
:clap: :bow: :clap:
Truly inspiring work! And the quality is remarkably consistent, shot-to-shot. Fantastic - keep it coming! One question - are you doing much in post on these? Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
314 Posts
hey chris, good to see you back in your thread!

the post depends shot to shot.

on the whole, it's raw to jpg, desaturate and levels. on some i've used unsharp mask when necessary. the slightly warm ones have sepia filter.
occasionally i've added noise to give them a more film like look.

·
Registered
314 Posts
sorry been too busy to shoot her - had loads of work on... will try and get out over the weekend and see if i can get owt.

also dug out my medium format for a bit of old school teaching with a student on work experience. really enjoyed shooting with it whilst showing her the ropes - may shoot some on that too... might even blow the dust off my 5x4 plate camera, we'll see...

·
Registered
455 Posts
skiddo said:
lol most of the locations in manchester might get you in trouble at the wrong time of the day - early sunday morning is a quiet time - even bad-asses need some sleep.

an interesting bit of trivia - most of this last sunday's pics were taken just around the corner from where joy division's love will tear us apart was shot.
Skiddo - Great photos! Especially like the Joy Division tie in! I've been a big fan of Joy Division since the early 90s. I'm not sure if there are very many of us here in the states. I've heard there are a couple of movies in the works about Ian's life; have you heard anything about them?

·
Registered
314 Posts
i found what looks to be a fantastic location about 18 months ago, but access proved to be impossible. i tried every channel i could think of without any success. the official line was a flat out no. no cars allowed for security reasons

that was until yesterday... about a month ago i got in touch with somebody i'd met on a shoot, he's pulled some strings and i'm in this sunday at 10am. goes to prove it's good to have friends in high places! i even got an apology for how long it had taken them to get in touch with me!

hoping it'll work out ok. only seen it from a couple of floors up from the inside of the building, but fingers crossed. i'm very excited - watch this space...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paul - That is excellent news.

You know we're all like junkies waiting for you to post your work !!!

It has been far too long since we saw your work so I as well as the rest of this forum will be eagerly anticipating the pics next week.

Hope all is well with you.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Porsche911driver said:
Paul - That is excellent news.

You know we're all like junkies waiting for you to post your work !!!

It has been far too long since we saw your work so I as well as the rest of this forum will be eagerly anticipating the pics next week.

Hope all is well with you.

+1

·
Registered
314 Posts
jim-clayton said:
I say GOD D#MN!!!!!!!

lol jc, cheers.

have been through them all now. will work on some later.

it was a really tricky place to shoot in - as dark as it looks really, but it was great fun and an interesting challenge and i snapped this - i like it alot. :)

Attachments

121 - 140 of 400 Posts