The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between these two Lotus colors? I've seen both an Exige S and an Elise SC in Storm Titanium and really liked the color, but there's an Exige S for sale in Arctic Silver that I haven't been able to view in person yet (the seller is several hundred miles away). I've seen some pictures of color samples on the web, but it's really hard to tell the difference between them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
arctic silver is a lot lighter than storm titanium.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between these two Lotus colors? I've seen both an Exige S and an Elise SC in Storm Titanium and really liked the color, but there's an Exige S for sale in Arctic Silver that I haven't been able to view in person yet (the seller is several hundred miles away). I've seen some pictures of color samples on the web, but it's really hard to tell the difference between them.
It jumps out at me... Arctic silver is a very bright silver, where Storm ti is a darker silver kinda gunmetal grey

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Both colors def photograph differently due to their reflective surface and surroundings. (it can vary just by time of day).
But it's a good thing that you've seen Storm Titanium in person, as it's much harder to describe.
Arctic Silver is, essentially - just that - a bright Silver. considerably lighter than Storm Titanium.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
STI has a brown champagne tint to it overall, AS is bright pure silver

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Storm Titanium and Arctic Silver were my top two choices and I bought the latter due to the car having the equipment, condition, and price I wanted. In retrospect ST is a richer, more attractive color, but AS looks good to my eye and is more forgiving when it comes to showing rock chips, etc., as there's less contrast between the paint and primer.

Here's a photo of my car with my 22-year-old son at the wheel. He's now kind of regrets his unwillingness to learn how to drive a manual! Also shown is a pic of the super-sized truck driver backing my car out of the enclosed transport during delivery.

Michael and Lotus Elise 3-4-2007 004 (2).jpg

Lotus Elise 2005 Arctic Silver - 2-17-07 010 (2).jpg

Either way you can't go wrong IMHO.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I had an 05 Arctic Silver Elise like the one pictured above and now have an s240 and was going to get Storm Ti but once I saw the 08 Arctic Silver it changed my mind as the new 08 arctic silver has much more flake and reflects a lot more, I mean a lot more. In some light it looks like S TI other times white / chrome or what ever its next to which is very cool.

Check the pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Storm Titanium and Arctic Silver were my top two choices and I bought the latter due to the car having the equipment, condition, and price I wanted. In retrospect ST is a richer, more attractive color, but AS looks good to my eye and is more forgiving when it comes to showing rock chips, etc., as there's less contrast between the paint and primer.

Here's a photo of my car with my 22-year-old son at the wheel. He's now kind of regrets his unwillingness to learn how to drive a manual! Also shown is a pic of the super-sized truck driver backing my car out of the enclosed transport during delivery.

Either way you can't go wrong IMHO.

Are those anodized LSS wheels?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
They sure look like it. I thought they looked awesome at night which sounds odd to say but they almost looked white. Very cool but a real pain on the cleaning side :(

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...you could always go for both - these aren't the best of pictures, but they give something of a feel for the contrast between storm titanium and arctic silver...

...i have a few better pictures of just the storm titanium, topless, here...
I should be getting mine before the end of the month! :coolnana:
...seriously monsi, you've been waiting longer than i've had my car - it's about time!..

·
Banned
874 Posts
Storm Ti is more Dull IMO but i still wouldn't get Arctic silver. I like more birght colors or black.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts