The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had thought that storm titanium was a bit boring compared to gunmetal grey, but perhaps the cloudiness of the U.K. just dulled the color too much. In the warm sun, it looks fantastic.

I am assuming this is actually storm titanium and not gunmetal. Looks a bit light to be the latter.

Pictures copyright Gottfriend Hogh

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Wow.

That is sweet.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Beautiful! Before I saw those pictures, I had decided on Ice Blue (assuming it's offered). Now I'm not so sure...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Has anyone ever seen a picture with S2 Elises in silver, quartz, titanium, and gunmetal, ALL IN THE SAME PICTURE? And I'm not talking about a Photoshop or Flash hack. The colors would be easier to compare, rather than guessing about differences in lighting conditions and camera/computer equipment.

I was actually considering special ordering quartz or titanium if they were not offerred as standard U.S. colors... thinking about it even more so after seeing these pictures.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm suprised I've never come across such a picture. I remember once people started getting Audi TT's, you saw pictures of many colors arranged in a circle (nose in) like on an old iMac commercial. There's gotta be a picture of multiple cars from some UK gathering.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
Storm Titanium looks nice indeed, but don't ya think it looks a little understated for a sports car? Come on, an Elise needs to be an eye catching bright color like yellow, red or silver that shouts 'Hey, I'm a sports car!' Not only for the statement it makes but to make it more visible in traffic. Storm Titanium would work best, IMHO, on a grand touring car like a Vanquish, 575 Maranello or DB7.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
mopalak said:
Storm Titanium looks nice indeed, but don't ya think it looks a little understated for a sports car? Come on, an Elise needs to be an eye catching bright color like yellow, red or silver that shouts 'Hey, I'm a sports car!' Not only for the statement it makes but to make it more visible in traffic. Storm Titanium would work best, IMHO, on a grand touring car like a Vanquish, 575 Maranello or DB7.
Storm Titanium / Gunmetal Gray is an awesome looking color on this car. The darker colors like these really make the car look different when you're next to it. When I was in the factory it just stood out amongst the crowd.

It's my #2 choice after Chrome Orange. That'll stand out in traffic. It also sort of says "I need to be the center of attention!" :D

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
Actually, these new photos have got me thinking again.

Perhaps what I need isn't a car that shouts to the cops 'Hey look at me driving faster than everybody else!' Or shouts to all the other drivers around me 'I wish I was still in high school.'

There's been a test that has always worked well for me in the past. I ask myself 'What color would James Bond drive?' :cool:

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mopalak said:
Perhaps, but I'm already a young guy, and driving a sports car like the Elise doesn't help the perceived maturity level. I like sensible colors mostly.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
That settles it. I guess I'll just have to get two Elises, a Saffron Yellow for track days and Storm Titanium for around town.:D

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
mopalak said:
Perhaps what I need isn't a car that shouts to the cops 'Hey look at me driving faster than everybody else!'
The Elise is sooo sexy in shape that it will garner more attention than any of us want. I think color will be secondary. The shape and size will dominate. I doubt any color will hide the Elise from the Fuzz.

So ya might as well get Chrome Orange...;)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I'm personally in favor of magnetic blue, it has a Tonka toy car feel. Somehow seems apporporiate. Although I hate to be a ditto head I do like the titanium, the orange has to grow on me for a bit though. I'm planning on driving the bejeezus out of mine daily not just a weekend/track car.
Thanks for the pix though, they look great.

·
Registered
109 Posts
At least its somewhat lighter than gun metal. Say one in the flesh last week or so and it looked pretty dull... It was one of my favorites when I had to pick a colour and I'm so glad I passed up on gun metal. Storm Titanium, if lighter, might be the works though.

For me: it's light colours (except yellow).

EDIT: Actually, after just fitting my hard top I think: light colours for roofless driving and dark colours if hard top if fitted.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Geez, they all look good.

Blue for Monday, Ti for Tuesday, Yellow for Wednesday..........

Jeff

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
If there were enough of us living close by we could actually trade around and do
blue monday
yellow tues
COM wed
etc.
(that is if you trust somebody else to drive the babe, I'm not so sure I do :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts