The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have the helm and wear it - pull the trigger and do the right thing.

Imagine stepping out of your white elige wearing this!

Home Page.

Share pictures when you buy it :)

--J

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'm a big advocate for UD Replicas, having just ordered their Dark Knight suit for display and costume use, but between their Star Wars trooper suits and the ones you can get elsewhere, I'd rather go with the replicas elsewhere. UD is fantastic with leather but no matter how good you are with leather, you just can't simulate the stormtrooper armor plating with leather.

Would be a very cool bike suit though if you can find someone to make a DOT approved stormtrooper helmet.

/geek mode

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
^ The idea isn't new, the suits are new, UD just started taking orders a week or so ago. These are fully built motorcycle suits with CE armor, they are designed with the Star Wars geek rider in mind. Everything I've read about UD's suits, they are comfortable and functional, even better fully licensed so they replicate the smallest details based on the actual movie suits. As far as I know, there are no DOT legal Stormtrooper helmets out there.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I can't imagine that's comfortable to ride in. Looks like the shoulder pieces would catch mucho air?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
From the videos I've seen on their Batman suits, the rider has enough motion in their arms to ride a sport bike properly, and the rest of the suit is designed to stretch and support areas needed for riding a bike. Don't know about catching air, doesn't look much wider than regular motorcycle armor.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm a big advocate for UD Replicas, having just ordered their Dark Knight suit for display and costume use, but between their Star Wars trooper suits and the ones you can get elsewhere, I'd rather go with the replicas elsewhere. UD is fantastic with leather but no matter how good you are with leather, you just can't simulate the stormtrooper armor plating with leather.

Would be a very cool bike suit though if you can find someone to make a DOT approved stormtrooper helmet.

/geek mode
Nice! I was so tempted and very close to ordering a dark knight suit for actual use on my motorcycle, but in hindsight am glad I didn't, as since then I have gained 75 lbs.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Nice! I was so tempted and very close to ordering a dark knight suit for actual use on my motorcycle, but in hindsight am glad I didn't, as since then I have gained 75 lbs.
Yeah those suits don't stretch, needs to be sized right. But hey you can buy one now assuming you don't plan to lose that weight ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really wish that I had a white elige to pull this off. On a similar but much less impressive note, when I got my simpson diamondback helmet my friend bought a clone trooper mash and we went for a drive. People loved it :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've tried:shrug: Saferacer.com is where I got the helmet and visor, but they sent me the wrong one after a month of waiting. So I returned it just before I left home to catch a ship in Saipan. I have no idea whether they decided to send me another one. BTW, I like what you've done with yours (the decals) pretty cool.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thanks, I get my race gear from GPR so thought I may as well do something with the abundance of stickers I have :p They're good dudes. I have some HANS clips here that I'll get around to putting on... one day. I got mine without the red vents too, just silver.

I just got it direct from Simpson. Funny thing is that because they're Bandit shields, that is the one you buy. Even though it says they suit Diamondback, they do (or did back then) have another list of part numbers for Diamondback shields, and the iridium version of that was wrong or at least, different from the Bandit part. I had bought a Bandit helmet and the shield at the same time, then sold that helmet, got the new helmet and swapped the visors. My mate ordered a specific DB shield and got the wrong one too! I can only imagine a lot of parts vendors list the incorrect part number.

If it turns out they haven't sent it, let me know and I'll tell you the proper part no. Still got the cover for it ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts