The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on a second list and am seriously considering changing my color/options, so I thought I’d see if anyone here is interested in getting into a car now. I’ll sell her for what I have into the car, I am NOT looking for a profit. However, there is the tax issue to deal with, so there would be a $3k premium over list.

She is StormTi with Red interior, Touring Package and Hardtop. Have tons of pics if anyone is not familiar with that combo.

I had an Xpel clear bra put on, including all the standard pieces and some custom pieces with much more coverage than Starshield. The custom pieces are behind the front wheels, behind the rear wheels, and the door "jambs." Also have the headlight kit. It came out great.

The car has 1,3xx miles, and was broken in properly. I have the data printout to prove it! No issues or problems of any kind.

The only thing that needs attention is the travel of the brake pedal, it makes it impossible to heel and toe. This is a common issue, there is a pedal adjustment that might help.

So here’s the breakdown:

MSRP & Dealer fee ($300) 45,439
Taxes, Reg. 3,231
Xpel 1,200
1st service 328

Total $50,198

If anyone is interested at $50k, I’ll sell her and hopefully I’ll have a black Elise by next summer. I was not planning on driving her in the winter anyway, so this could be a win/win situation for me and someone that wants a car immediately.

Please don’t flame me, or tell me that you could get a car cheaper on ebay, etc. I’m having second thoughts on my color (I chickened out on black originally when I had never seen an Elise). If the car does not sell I’ll happily drive her for another ten or so years, then paint her black
:)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What don't you like about the color? I ordered the same color but have only seen pics of the color.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not that I don't like it, its just that I like black better. Its a great combo, a good majority of my friends say I'm crazy for wanting to switch. I'm just partial to black cars. Steve

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I got the call to order the second car. Since my deposit will continue to be refundable, I'm going to go ahead and order, and reduce my price here to $48,900. That means it will cost me $1/mile for every mile I've driven. A bargain I guess :D

By the way, I know that everyone wants a "new" car, but think about what you save by buying this one:

1. Hours of frustration as the break-in miles are accumulated (I'm serious). And you know this break-in was done right because I have the print-out.

2. All the research finding the right protection package and installers, then waiting around for 6 hours while the clear film was installed.

3. The first service is done, so that time commitment and expense is taken care of.

4. You know you are getting a car with no issues, unlike some of the new cars that have had problems after coming off the lot, either with Starshield or otherwise.

5. You can have it tomorrow!

Someone has to be interested in this beauty!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Tempting car- if mine was'nt being built right now, I'd jump on it. I've seen the Storm Ti in person and it's very nice.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nxm150 said:
Steve, wondering...besides color, what option did you change and why?
Black, LSS and hardtop vs. Storm, LTS, hardtop. Based on my experience with the Touring suspension, I think LSS will be fine for me. Its so subjective, the only way to really know is to drive the car. Now that I've driven Touring, I think LSS will be fine.

And while I am impressed with the quality of the leather interior, I'd rather have less weight and crank windows. The upgraded radio is not enough to order LTS, and I'm going to swap the speakers out either way. I never use the little pocket thing (too hard to get at), and figure I can always recover the seats in leather if I really don't like the cloth.

Steve

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm pretty much committed to another deal for an identical car to yours. Otherwise, I'd be taking a very hard look at your car. I love that picture of your car though! Very nice, looks like a neat neighborhood as well.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the nice words ... that's my 1893 house that I have more blood, sweat and tears into than I care to think about. But it came out great and its a wonderful place to live.

I'm a serial automobile buyer and seller, its a real sickness, and the shot above has been the preferred one for the last several cars for sale.

Here's my calendar submission and current desktop. This was taken at a city park at the end of my street

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts